When it comes to your workout, there's a good reason not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

re: David's final return...

Message 1 of 5
In Response to post:

I'm so sorry you lost your friend. How old were you? At any age this hurts. I'm glad you "let it out!"

Berta, In answer to "how old was I", that's a question I can't really answer. I know I was younger than 10, I think I was older than 5, but I really don't remember.  My Grandmere, always got custody of me, back away from my birth mother, who always lost custody of me usually after trying to kill me, or abandoning me. I was taken away from her in about half of the states in the union, placed in foster care, my granny came eventually and got me, then my mother (who was her youngest child and spoiled rotten) would come with a sob story and swear she was going to change and get help, really all she wanted me for, was the welfare money of having an extra child or her latest scam, she had more birth certificates on me than I can remember and when I found all those, she threatened to kill me. Yeah, so time was messed, shool years are a blur, marking time is hard, where I lived is a blurr, moving in the middle of the night, being  roused in the middle of the night and being told we were leaving, sometimes in our pajama's was as common as breathing.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5
In Response to David's final return...:

I couldn't sleep one night, so I just sat up looking out my little window.  I remember it was raining and I couldn't see out very well. I remember the car lights coming and I knew it was the middle of the night, and everyone was sleeping, so this made me curious!  So I got on my robe and slippers really fast and snuck down the stairs to see what was going on and who was this late night visitor to the orphanage!I couldn't help myself, I did so want to be a spy when I grew up, I remember smiling at the thought!

I couldn't get very close to the front where the doors were, but I could see the people and hear the rain.  I recognized the evil one, (the headmistress) and then I saw David!  He appeared to be with the two adults who took him away, but I wasn't sure, everyone had on rain coats.  David looked so small and he didn't look so good, he looked sickly.  I got scared, something was wrong, I thought.  Then I thought, if I got caught I'd really be in trouble, adults, only pull really sneaky stuff like this, in the middle of the night, cause they don't want you to see them!  If I got caught, it'd be curtains for me!  I scurried back to my room and hid.

Although I tried to sleep till morning, of course my active imagination conjured up all sorts of scenarios, so I didn't get much rest.  Come morning when I did have to get up, I had to try and appear calm (ha!) that's a laugh!

Later I found David in the sick ward, he was very sick.  He couldn't talk or wake up.  I got scared.  I hid under the bed and listened, they said he had pneumonia. I had that when I was really little, I knew  it was serious, my Grandma said I almost died! I hid under his bed for a long time, and prayed for my friend not to die. I cried and cried, then I crept back to my room.

Then next morning I tried to sneak back to check on him, it was Sunday, so there was no class, but he was gone!  I went down to the kitchen, there was a lot going on, I hid under the counters, so they wouldn't see me, but so I could hear them.  They were talking about the "poor little thing" "he's gone to be with his mother now", blah,blah...blah..." What! his mother was dead---all this time he waited for her and she was dead!  they never told him!  I lost it I came flying out from from under the counter..Stomping my foot like some angry elf, demanding to know "who is gone to be with his mother?" Were they talking about David?  Tell me!  Tell me now you evil Penguines! "Who is poor thing?"

They looked at each other, the fat cooks and mumbled "oh my" or something else stupid, then said "Votre petit amie Cheri ",  I screamed, I cried, I shreaked, and in my mind I really told them off. I told them that his name was not poor thing "He had a name and it was DAVID!" In my mind for years after that, this is the way, I saw that.  In truth, now that I am much, much older, they were so upset by my rampage and scurried around trying to catch me, and I was crying and screaming, that they probably never even heard what I was actually saying, but in my childish rage, I really felt like I had told them off!

In my mind they were as guity, as if they had killed my friend with their own hands, because they hadn't told him the truth about his mother, they just let him sit there day after day waiting for her, and they knew she wasn't going to come, she was dead.  If he had known maybe he wouldn't have gotten sick, maybe he could have gotten on with his own life!  Instead, David came back to the orphange, only to leave again, this time never to return..... I lost my friend again, for the last time.

I joined this group to learn to write, and what I am learning is how many wonderful souls their are out there.  I have found that so many have been through so much and came out of it being such wonderful loving characters.  It makes me wonder about all of us that had what we needed and still had something to complain about.  I thank you for sharing and I thank you for showing me and others that some special souls can master life no matter how hard and stuff it gets.  It makes me feel like a person that needs some character building.  Thank you, it does make me thank the Lord that I had something that I didn't even know I had.  You never know what the person standing or sitting next to you has been through.  What makes some so kind and loving and others mean and hateful?  In yours and the others writings of each of our stories/memiors it is taking and showing all the layers of what life is really about.  You are a a wonderful piece to this puzzle  of our world. Thank your for sharing.  Right now I am thinking about all the little Davids and so many other souls that don't seem to have a chance.  Yours and others stories are a way that can be used to make change ~ for the better.  Your Friend with hugs....RaeDi

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5
In Response to David's final return...:

I couldn't sleep one night, so I just sat up looking out my little window.  I remember it was raining and I couldn't see out very well. I remember the car lights coming and I knew it was the middle of the night, and everyone was sleeping, so this made me curious!  So I got on my robe and slippers really fast and snuck down the stairs to see what was going on and who was this late night visitor to the orphanage!I couldn't help myself, I did so want to be a spy when I grew up, I remember smiling at the thought!

I couldn't get very close to the front where the doors were, but I could see the people and hear the rain.  I recognized the evil one, (the headmistress) and then I saw David!  He appeared to be with the two adults who took him away, but I wasn't sure, everyone had on rain coats.  David looked so small and he didn't look so good, he looked sickly.  I got scared, something was wrong, I thought.  Then I thought, if I got caught I'd really be in trouble, adults, only pull really sneaky stuff like this, in the middle of the night, cause they don't want you to see them!  If I got caught, it'd be curtains for me!  I scurried back to my room and hid.

Although I tried to sleep till morning, of course my active imagination conjured up all sorts of scenarios, so I didn't get much rest.  Come morning when I did have to get up, I had to try and appear calm (ha!) that's a laugh!

Later I found David in the sick ward, he was very sick.  He couldn't talk or wake up.  I got scared.  I hid under the bed and listened, they said he had pneumonia. I had that when I was really little, I knew  it was serious, my Grandma said I almost died! I hid under his bed for a long time, and prayed for my friend not to die. I cried and cried, then I crept back to my room.

Then next morning I tried to sneak back to check on him, it was Sunday, so there was no class, but he was gone!  I went down to the kitchen, there was a lot going on, I hid under the counters, so they wouldn't see me, but so I could hear them.  They were talking about the "poor little thing" "he's gone to be with his mother now", blah,blah...blah..." What! his mother was dead---all this time he waited for her and she was dead!  they never told him!  I lost it I came flying out from from under the counter..Stomping my foot like some angry elf, demanding to know "who is gone to be with his mother?" Were they talking about David?  Tell me!  Tell me now you evil Penguines! "Who is poor thing?"

They looked at each other, the fat cooks and mumbled "oh my" or something else stupid, then said "Votre petit amie Cheri ",  I screamed, I cried, I shreaked, and in my mind I really told them off. I told them that his name was not poor thing "He had a name and it was DAVID!" In my mind for years after that, this is the way, I saw that.  In truth, now that I am much, much older, they were so upset by my rampage and scurried around trying to catch me, and I was crying and screaming, that they probably never even heard what I was actually saying, but in my childish rage, I really felt like I had told them off!

In my mind they were as guity, as if they had killed my friend with their own hands, because they hadn't told him the truth about his mother, they just let him sit there day after day waiting for her, and they knew she wasn't going to come, she was dead.  If he had known maybe he wouldn't have gotten sick, maybe he could have gotten on with his own life!  Instead, David came back to the orphange, only to leave again, this time never to return..... I lost my friend again, for the last time.

I'm so sorry you lost your friend. How old were you? At any age this hurts. I'm glad you "let it out!"

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

David's final return...

Message 4 of 5

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

David's final return...

Message 4 of 5

Kudos
Views
Replies