Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Recognized Social Butterfly

CHUTZPAH IN THE TIME OF COVID

Chutzpah in the Time of Covid

Today, as I was rounding one of the bends on my power walk in Waikiki, a strapping young woman beckoned to me. She was sitting on the bottom step of her condo. Next to her were some store-bought items overflowing in a wheeled cart. She asked me to help her hoist her haul up the stairs. I politely refused: She wasn't wearing a mask. There was no way that I was going to jeopardize my health and my wife's because of misplaced chivalry. The woman was evidently taken aback. She scowled as I left her. And before I could get far away from her, she unintelligibly screamed at me. I didn't relish meeting her again on my next lap. Luckily, she was gone when I approached her condo. Had someone else assisted her or had the aggrieved young lady (she sure looked sturdy enough to do so) lugged the cart up the steps on her own?

It is disheartening and demoralizing to see people who ignore the Island-wide mask mandate. Paying homage to Fiddler on the Roof, I pray, keep the unmasked Czarina of chutzpah far away from me!

schlomo
Silver Conversationalist

dsc_2258

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP