Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

A TRIBUTE TO FRANK, THE MAINTENANCE MAN

Message 1 of 1

Frank Always Enhances my Day

Every time my wife and I encounter Frank, the easygoing multicultural
maintenance man at our condo complex, he invariably greets us with a big smile and a heartfelt hello. Frank doesn’t just uplift our spirits. He is also very helpful. When I once
asked him if I could use one of his specialized spray cleaners for my windows, he graciously said of course and that there was no rush to return it.

Yesterday, after I discovered at my condo parking lot that one of my tires was a bit low, I began to add air with my bicycle pump. Before I finished, Frank rushes up to me, gently takes the pump from me, and completes the job. I could have been insulted. I was adeptly and effortlessly using the pump, as I have done for years: it’s good exercise, and sometimes I have done up to a hundred reps to inflate a woefully droopy
tire. Did Frank intervene because he thought that I am too old or too weak to use the
 pump? Perhaps. Nonetheless, I appreciated his gesture. Frank can’t help but be helpful.

Halloween is approaching in a week. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few customarily psychedelic, warped Frankenstein look-a-likes rumbling through Waikiki. If I were to join the parade, I would humbly carry a censer of frankincense to honor Frank.

schlomo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies