From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: A MOTHER'S DAY PRAYER

Message 1 of 5
WOW thanks! You know... We still have KIND people all around us. Blessings Dorcas
DORCAS C CHANDLER
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

DorcasC10388,You are welcome! I hope that you and all of the Mother's here had a wonderful Mother's day, as I did with my family. I agree with you that we should (And I Do) pray for each other, and support one another, and also remember to be kind. These things mean so much to so many, and yet, they are free! I think sometimes people lose sight of that fact. I am happy you took the time to respond, and I send blessings to you and your family as well! BlueRoseCCR3.....

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5
Thank you so much for reading my Mothers day prayer. In a world of many changes, I believe we all need to support each other with kindness and care by praying for each other. Blessings to you and your family!
DORCAS C CHANDLER
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Hello DorcasC10388! I really enjoyed reading your "A MOTHER'S DAY PRAYER", very much! It touched my heart, as I agree with many of the statements you shared. I am a Mother myself, and I find Mother's Day to be a reminder of God's love, grace, goodness, and kindness. So, I wish you a wonderful and Happy Mother's Day too, and again, I Thank You for sharing such a wonderful Prayer! Take Care!  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

A MOTHER'S DAY PRAYER

Message 5 of 5

Happy Mother’s day

A Motherhood & Sisterhood Prayer

BY Dorcas C. Chandler--2019

Dear Jesus, thank you for your tender care for us being mothers and sisters. Lord, mothers and sisters have two things in common by your divine nature: we both are built to carry the weight of children.

Lord, as mothers with heart felt love, care and concern, we ask you to please help us continue to cast all of our cares upon You when it comes to rearing our children in a Godly home and safe environment. Our attachments to our children are very strong and we always want what is best for them. Sometimes our best is not Your best, or even Your plan for their lives.   We struggle sometimes with Your unknown plan, because we are carriers by your divine nature. 

So, on this Mother’s Day our deepest desire is to surrender our will to Your will. You knew our children before they were formed in the belly or attached to our hearts.  Our prayer today as mothers is: God, thank you for our precious gift(s) You gave us and we celebrate You for choosing us to be called ‘Mother.’

My name is Sister; we have many children from many families.  We did not birth any of our own children, but today we are carriers also of children—we were built like that—woman hood. We carry our many children in our hearts and in our spirits. We watch over our many children like a mother hen, but today Jesus, we too must surrender the most precious prize possessions as a carrier of children, to you.

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” 

Jeremiah 29:11

A Mothers Love Letter to GOD

DORCAS C CHANDLER
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors