Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Needed: A shove in the right direction

Bronze Conversationalist

Needed: A shove in the right direction

Help! 

My investments have taken a nose dive a couple of times in the past year, and I feel that I need to go back to work.

Problem 1: I don't want to; I like being retired. But my fear is that I should do something and fairly soon.

Problem 2:  I can't seem to focus on what I'm qualified for, aside from accounting which was my old career. (My memory is not what it was and I have dyslexia, so while I handled it well for years, I don't do as well now.) I don't want to go back to stress filled days. I've been happily retired for 5 years.

Remote work is an appealing idea.

Problem 3: I've created a new resume but I'm having trouble downloading it to different job sites. If I can't do that, how am I to convince any employer that I'd be the right fit for their posted position?

I've never been in this predicament before and realize that I need help to move forward. I need direction!

Sir Granny Tracy
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TracyofCotuit Many of our members reach out to us for this very reason which is why we created a job board where employers all over the country have posted opportunities for experienced workers. You can start your search at: https://jobs.aarp.org/ 

We also have a dedicated web page filled with resources and tips related to work at https://www.aarp.org/work/

AARP Resume Advisor is a professional resume writing service powered by TopResume.

If you have an AARP online account, you can request a free confidential review from a resume expert and receive a discount on a professionally written resume from TopResume. If you are an AARP member, you get an even deeper discount. If you'd like to check it out, I invite you to get started with AARP Resume Advisor by visiting www.aarp.org/resume. I wish you the best of luck on your career journey! 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP