Are Communities Becoming More Livable? How Does Your Community Stack Up in AARP's New 2018 Livability Index. Find Out Now!

Info Seeker

Re: work after retirement - as a freelance writer

Message 1 of 7

Hi, my name is William E. Lewis and am interested iin n the Freelance Writing.

My credential are as follows:

Wrote 7 books

MS, Operations Reserch

BA, Mathematics

Retired from IBM & Ernst & Young

(469) 215-9694

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 7

Hi Carrie,

I've tried a couple of times to post something here but am having the devil of a time getting to and from this page.  Might have something to do with my technophobia . . .

Anyhow, I'm maybe not the right person to offer advice on freelancing, but you might want to contact:

naiwe.com (the National Association of Independent Writers and Editors) - they've got a good thing going and I'm just getting started with the website they provide (for about $99/year)

also try the freelance writer's den - just search for writer's den & Carol Tyce - that'll get you to the site. Lots of helpful info and you can join or just kind of sideline, but very helpful.

Good luck, and I'll try to get back here with any other suggestions.  My worst enemy is that technophbia, which means I don't play well with gadgets!  (computers are gadgets, y'know)

Best of luck

Jeannie

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 7
Currently am a published poet.
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 7

Hello- That’s awesome! I’m interested in learning more about the path that you are pursuing. I have dabbled in writing over the years for my own enjoyment,and started writing a book as well. The one problem was that I didn’t have direction,or know what to do once I had my story. Can you give me some advice? I would greatly appreciate that!         Carrie

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 7

Thank you!  That was a very kind (and timely!) encouragement. Onward, pilgrims . . .

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 7

@jm61545310  Welcome to the online community. Best wishes with this transition.  As you know, your work is your best advertisement, so kudos on the online tear sheet. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Highlighted
Info Seeker

work after retirement - as a freelance writer

Message 7 of 7

Hi everyone, I'm about to chuck my 'day job' (at age 65, almost 66) and try to make a decent income with freelance writing, which I've been doing in spare time for over 10 years with minimal pay but great enjoyment. Hoping to make some contacts through just putting myself out there in the wide world of AARP, also have a NAIWE site where I'm going to post some of my published work.