Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: car rental age restrictions?

Message 1 of 3

Thank you for the quick reply.  i have printed it out and will carry it with me on an upcoming trip just in case they question me about my age.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: car rental age restrictions?

Message 2 of 3

It is illegal for any car rental agencies to discriminate against age.  And if any are caught doing it, they can be fined severely.   Some people in their 80s dread getting onto a highway or onto a street in super heavy traffic.  St. Louis has a paratransit service for those who feel unsafe of getting behind the wheel in a strange city.  I live in the St. Louis area and the paratransit service we have here is called Call-a-Ride.  Just like a car rental agency, best to make a reservation.  To obtain a Call-a-Ride visitor card, dial 1-314-982-1510 and have them send you an application in the mail for a visitor card.  Then once you are set up and the application has been mailed in, then you book your trips on Call-a-Ride by calling 1-888-652-3617.  There are no age restrictions for making any reservations with a car rental agent.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

car rental age restrictions?

Message 3 of 3

I am planning a trip and want to fly but will need to have a car when I get there.  I have been told that some car rental companies will not rent to people after a certian age.  I am 87 and have a valid drivers liscense,  Should I ask ahead of time or just take my chances?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors