Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Business Coach
Kudos
Views

Re: Want to take your business to the next level? Ask a Career Coach!

Message 31 of 36

I was visiting with an AARP member who just started a wood working business called Big Canary Woodworking...their tag line is "Great Furniture, and CHEAP CHEAP!"  Hahaha!!  One question he had was whether or not he is reguired to have a separate bank account for his new business.  Interesting question and I thought maybe some of you guys might have the same one....

There is no formal requirement by the IRS or any other entity to have a separate bank account but it may be the BEST first thing to do when starting a new business.   Keeping everything separate for record keeping is a great idea...AND, the bank becomes your disacter recovery system, since they will maintain a digital copy of every transaction that runs through the account.  So it is a great idea to have a separate bank account for the business and make a commitment to depositing every dollar that you make into that account and pay for every single expense out of that account.  You will be glad you did.  

Keep up the good work @BigCanary!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 36

Thank you, Keith (@KeithH119895). We appreciate having you here in the AARP Online Community. Looking forward to having an enriching discussion!

Kudos
Views
Business Coach
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 36

Happy August 1st and congratulations on being part of the most powerful economic force in this country...Small Business Owners.   I am so happy to be here to help with this process and to be part of the extensive support services provided by the AARP.  

In fact, the one thing that I hope you never forget no matter how deep the paperwork gets on your desk is that you are never ALONE.  You have resouces.   

Its gonna be a great contest and I am here to help in anyway that I can.   

Keith

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 36

Enter the Make Your Move Career & Entrepreneur Contest for your chance to win a Power Meeting with Shark Tank’s Daymond John.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest ends 9/15/19. To enter and for Official Rules, visit https://sweeps.aarp.org/enterdaymond2019.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 36

Keith Hall is the President and CEO for the National Association for the Self-Employed.  He previously served as the National Tax Advisor for NASE where he offered tax advice to persons self-employed and micro-business owners. He is a certified public accountant and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post and Good Housekeeping.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Want to take your business to the next level? Ask a Business Coach!

Message 36 of 36

Welcome to the AARP Online Community! Now through September 15th, we are joined by Business Coach Keith Hall. Please ask your questions by reply post below--all are encouraged to particpate!

Ask yourself, is now the time to advance your business? Are you ready to hire employees, secure more funding, or perhaps in need of a new marketing and sales plan but not sure to do it all? Business Coach Keith Hall is here to help.  Ask him how to grow your business!

1140x655px-Keith Hall_Staff Photo_1.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies