Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Want to take your business to the next level? Ask a Business Coach!

Message 21 of 36

I just entered the contest.  I am an independent distributor for a great company called Reliv International.  It is a food science company with amazing supplements and recently started selling CBD products a few weeks ago.  I believe our company will shine when people choose to use CBD as we have a great reputation for using the highest quality ingredients and we also do a lot of research.  Once the CBD is regulated, many of the other companies will be shut down.  I have been with the company for 16 years and at one tme, I was making $12000 profit a month.  The economy took a dive and many people dropped off and I have not been able to build my business back up to what my potential is.  My goal is to make $50,000 a month within 2-3 years. I want to do advertising, but I do not have a lot of funds to do that at this time.  I do attend networking meetings weekly and pick up new customers weekly.  I just read the article written by Daymond John and found it very informative.  I would like advice on how I can recruit business builders.  Most of the time, my happiest customers become the best distributors, but I was thinking with the announcement of the new CBD products, this would be a great opportunity for a lot of people to make some really good money working from home. I just earned my 50th all expense paid trip and I am going to Maui in October.   

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 36

I am a small business woman who wears too many hats.  I don't have a large budget, what's the best way to gain staff?  I have hired my part-time nephew to help with the instagram, facebook, marketing.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Stage play and guitar robot

Message 23 of 36
  1. Who's-done-it software driven stage play where the conclusion, being driven by the software, is always different. Audience plug their guesses, and their bets, into their iPhones before the final act. I have no luck finding a playwright who'd work with me on this stage play.
  2. http://GuitarInstructorPro.com
    Guitar players teach the guitar robot how to play their songs, and users - students - learn how to play them. They can select regions of their choice to loop them and to slow them down for better learning experience. How do I find someone who'd go with marketing that idea and handling financial its aspects.

Thank you,

Eugene

Kudos
Views
Business Coach
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 36

Hey @vitfriends01 :

Thanks for your question and congratulations for being part of the most powerful economic force in this country...small business.   Don't forget that over 70% of all new jobs come from small business owners just like you so keep up the good work.  

Funding a new verture can be very challenging but there are certainly many options.  The first key question is how much funding do you need to meet your initial goals?  And more importantly, what will you use that money for and how will your funding source be repaid or rewarded?   These questions point direcfly to your business plan and to your expected exit strategy.   Obviously, the more money that you need to meet your goals the fewer options you may have.  

If you need only a modest amount of capital, you might consider an online option of "crowd funding".  There are a number of options that allow a large number of small investors to review your plan and then to contribute to your overall funding needs.  This is becoming a more and more popular method of funding new ventures and you should consider that path.  Again, make sure you have all of your ducks in a row before "signing up".  Make sure your numbers make sense and are part of an overall business plan that is clear and conside but also detailed enough so that interested investors will have confidence in the fact that you have done your homework.  

Since you are planning to operate a non-profit, many of the traditional funding options may be limited since the return will most likely be limited to potential investors.   That may mean that your best option would be in the form of debt rather than securing an equity partner or partners.   If debt is an option, starting witht the Small Business Administration will be a great idea.   They have a number of debt programs, based on how much you need, that are guaranteed by the SBA and can therefore be somewhat easier to secure through a qualifited SBA lender.  Again, make sure your business plan and long term financial projections are in place before you make any presentation.  

Lastly, and also depending on how much you need, you should search for various sources of grant money.   There are literally hundreds of organizations that provide grants and assistance to new ventures.   Again, the key here is the amount you need and the specific industry or need that your non-profit is expected to meet.   Doing an online search for grants and financial assistance can get you started on that process.  

I hope this helps and let me know if you need more detail or if you would like to discuss further. 

All the best

Keith

@vitfriends01 wrote:

How do I seek funding for my small nonprofit

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Expanding my corporation - best financial strategies

Message 25 of 36

Hi Keith,

Although I've been selling real estate in California since 1999 and was a top producer, I formed my own company in 2008 (s corp) but never hired anyone as I was happy being a small independent.

I want to begin expanding, working with the next generation and need to know how to strategically and financially utilize being a corporation.  I plan to operate brokerages out of California and Hawaii (last year obtained my Hawaii broker's license).

Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 36

How do I seek funding for my small nonprofit

Kudos
Views
Business Coach
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 36

Hey @Zafer 

:

It sounds like you have developed a great product with outstanding long term potential.   This is a great spot for you to begin with this program and the opportunity to sit down with Daymond John to discuss long term options and support.  I would strongly encourage you to complete your application and do all that you can to win this contest.  

From a practical standpoint, make sure you have completed whatever patent options or trademark or documentation that would be appropriate for your idea before you visit with investors or move to the next level.   It would be a great idea to spend a little bit of time and money with an attorney just to make sure you have all of your ducks in a row before sharing your long term plans.   And speaking of that, take a good look at your business plan....check your math and make sure you have done your home work on market conditions, potential competing products or ideas just so you are ready for those types of questions.  If you don't have a formal business plan or "pitch deck" now is the time to put that all together.   Be specific and detailed.   Make sure you are including financial information regarding costs of production, breakeven analyses and long term potential operating profits.   Yes, they are all guesses, but you gotta have an idea of where you are going if you ever wanna get there....so again, be detailed and specific. 

I hope this helps and let me know if you need more detail or if you would just like to discuss further.  

All the best,

Keith

@Zafer wrote:

I have a unique invention that must be used with every prescription bottle and over the counter medicine. It saves thousands of lives and billions of dollars every year. If is easy to manufacture, deploy and use. It is ideal for all types of medicines such as pills, liquid, drops, injections or enhalers - no more lists or pillboxes. Want assistance in introducing it to key people for business ventures. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 36

I have a unique invention that must be used with every prescription bottle and over the counter medicine. It saves thousands of lives and billions of dollars every year. If is easy to manufacture, deploy and use. It is ideal for all types of medicines such as pills, liquid, drops, injections or enhalers - no more lists or pillboxes. Want assistance in introducing it to key people for business ventures. 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Want to take your business to the next level? Ask a Career Coach!

Message 29 of 36

Hello @sa3182, thank you for joining us today! You've come to the right place. We welcome you to ask a question of Keith (aka @KeithH119895) by replying to this post.

@sa3182 wrote:

How do I ask a question for Keith?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Want to take your business to the next level? Ask a Career Coach!

Message 30 of 36

How do I ask a question for Keith?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: