Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: LOOKING FOR PARTIME WORK AS A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT

Message 11 of 49

ClaraG700169,

I forgot to mention in my post that the company is now paying me residual income for the work I did a few years ago.  That is money they direct deposit in my checking account without me doing anything.

I still work part-time at it to earn money right away because I am healthy and like working, but it's nice to know that my work now will continue to pay me when I am fully retired or can't work anymore.

For anyone else that may be interested in this, please see my previous post.  Thank you.

Marian K. Smith

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: LOOKING FOR PARTIME WORK AS A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT

Message 12 of 49

Hi ClaraG700169,

I searched a long time to find legitimate work and I have been doing this part-time for 13 years.

You can do this work any time and any place in the United States and Canada.  

You can do it from your phone, computer, or in person.

Watch the 20-minute Webinar at http://www.newlaunchjoin.com and e-mail me with questions at dojustice2009@gmail.com.  

Go to website:  https://mariansmith.wearelegalshield.com/#becomeAssociate and feel free to call me at the phone number on the website or scroll down and fill out the "Contact Me" form at the bottom of the page.

Thank you.

Marian K. Smith

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

LOOKING FOR PARTIME WORK AS A VIRTUAL ASSISTANT

Message 13 of 49

Hello:

I am looking for part time work.  I have worked in the banking industry for twenty plus years and also  human services and health care for twelve plus years.  I was thinking of becoming a virtual assistant.

I want to work from home.  Which websites should I contact?  

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: So You Want to Start a Small Business

Message 14 of 49

Hello @taylorvt, thanks for you post. AARP Expert Felicia Brown would be happy to answer your questions in this forum. Please feel free to reply with your question and include @FeeBrown in your message. Thanks for your participation!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 49

How does one connect with @FeeBrown?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 49

Thanks so much for your feedback. I will look into those sites. 

Toni

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: I'm a fledgling entrepreneur...

Message 17 of 49

@@bm665, Why are you waiting? Call SCORE again or visit their website! They provide FREE consultation services and advice to entrepreneurs. Members of the Service Corps Of Retired Executives (SCORE) are current or retired business owners and corporatee xecutives who specialize in a variety of business skills."

https://www.score.org/

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 49

@ChristineC427789, check this out:

Legal Writer & Editor – Slate: US; “Slate is hiring a legal writer and editor to help us build on our award-winning general-audience legal coverage by creating a paywalled daily must-read aimed specifically at an audience of legal professionals. The successful candidate will have a lawyer’s training and a writer’s pen; insight into a variety of areas of the law, especially those at the forefront of contemporary politics and business; a knack for online conversation; and an entrepreneurial eagerness to identify and respond to market opportunities; This is a full-time position preferably based in either New York or D.C., although we’ll consider exceptional candidates working remotely from elsewhere”

[Legal Writer & Editor]

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 49

I’m a NYS attorney with excellent writing skills and leadership experience wishing to retire in FL and to work there consulting or writing human interest and informational articles. I don’t know where to start. I am admitted to practice law in both states and must continue working. I enjoy helping people, writing, nature and historic preservation. I am active with AFSP also

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I'm a fledgling entrepreneur...

Message 20 of 49

@bm6658 wrote:
Hi, I am a retired nurse and have started a business of sorts as an antique/vintage jewelry dealer. I have display cases in three Antique Malls in my area. Am looking to start an online store through Etsy, eventually. I have acquired my DBA and my "Certificate of Authority" from the Dept. of Taxation and Finance here in NY. My question is, due to the limited scope of my business, what do I absolutely need as far as legal paperwork is concerned? What do I NOT need? I'm told I don't need a EIN (no employees), but to obtain a business loan, I will! I am on hold, waiting for someone to call me from SCORE (a mentor), but don't know when that may happen. Can anybody out there give me advice? Thank You!

I am sorry but having run my own business, if you don't know the answers to these questions you should not be starting a business yet.  Wait and talk to score and a good acountant!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark