Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Share Your Age Bias Story Alongside AARP

Retired Community Manager

Share Your Age Bias Story Alongside AARP

Are you someone over the age of 57 with little to no retirement savings, who has to continue to work to make ends meet, but who struggles with age bias or age discrimination as an older worker?

AARP is looking for older workers or job seekers to participate alongside AARP on a national news media segment to discuss the important issue of age bias or age discrimination. The segment will address the devastating, long-term financial impact of age bias and age discrimination on older workers’ ability to get a new job; get a job that pays as much as the ones they used to get when they were younger; or whose job or career growth has been hindered due to age.

The segment will include the participation of an AARP expert, who will provide insights on older worker’s experiences with age bias, as well as practical advice on this subject matter.

If you’re interested in discussing your circumstance, share your story here.

Kudos
Views
Replies

Before I retired in 2019, I wrote this story on Ageism and bias in employment for my blog called, Persistent Ageism: 55 is the New 40  Or: Will You Still Need Me… When I’m 64:
https://silverlibertarian.com/2017/11/09/ageism-55-is-the-new-40/
You may share this article as you wish.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP