Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Public transit helps get those to work for anyone wanting to stay out of retirement

Conversationalist

Public transit helps get those to work for anyone wanting to stay out of retirement

In some places, public transit has good service to get people to work.  The buses are mostly low-floor which makes it easier to board.  And many transit systems offer a para-transit service.  Here in St. Louis, that service is called "Call-a-Ride".  When you have good public transit service with you, head CEOs have no choice but to keep you.  Metro Call-a-Ride will pick you up at your door and take you straight to your place of employment.  They will even take you all the way up to the door of your place of employment.  However, what could make an employer feel it's time for you to retire is when transit doesn't want to cooperate.  And when we have poor service, it can be pretty disgusting.  I use Call-a-Ride when the weather turns ugly.  And I really like the service.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I agree with Patrick the public transit system is a lifeline for my community. people of Abingdon love their drivers. I know several people from my apt complex who depend on the transit for work purposes. I myself who don't have transportation to go anywhere need it. how can I do any shopping without it? 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

We all need to bug our legislators and tell them how important it is to have it.  If a CEO is trying to work on financial work for like doing some expansion on his business and needs to study his sales tickets, he can do so easily on the bus since the interior lights are on.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP