Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Part-Time Work, Work from Home, and Second Careers

Message 271 of 301

I am current registered to attend online Event # 1454200 today.  However, I will be unable to attend the event live today.  Please accept my sincere apology for the late cancellation notice. 

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely

Donna Jolly

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Changing careers

Message 272 of 301

Hi.  I am a 57 young female who is currently unemployed.  For 35 years I have worked in various fields as an LPN.  I had no desire to further my career into an RN.  During the course of 35 years I pursued my dream as a personal trainer and nutritionist with an associate degree is dietetics.  Now, unemployed at 57 I do not desire to go back into nursing.  I would like to restart a career in fitness, emphasizing in senior fitness and nutrition.  I would enjoy teaching seniors how to choose healthy lifestyles and prevent many illness and diseases associated with sedentary lifestyles and the aging process.  I have kept myself in good health and have overcome many pains and ailments associated with menopause and aging.  I feel l can help others  with my knowledge and experiences.  I am currently studying to become recertified as a personal trainer and will get a certification in senior fitness after.  Do you think there is a demand for what I have planned?  Can you offer any advice?  Thank you

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: Finding Part time job

Message 273 of 301

@sylvan95 Definitely check out our online career fair today at 1 pm EST!  - https://www.aarp.org/onlinecareerfair

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Part-Time Work, Work from Home, and Second Careers

Message 274 of 301

Susan: This is an excellent idea! Thank you.

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: I want to teach Math!!!!

Message 275 of 301

@EFarach1325 There is a great need for math teachers these days. Have you contacted your local community college to see if they need any math instructors? That would be a good way to get your foot in the door.

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: Finding Yourself through adversity.

Message 276 of 301

@JoannaF506042 What a fantastic and inspiring story! Talk about making lemonade out of lemons! Thank you for sharing.

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: I am wanting to return to the workforce after, being off with a high risk child.

Message 277 of 301

@j49316c Sounds like you would be a great candidate for iRelaunch.https://www.irelaunch.com/

They specialize in people returning to work after a break (often moms caring for their kids). I had the pleasure of meeting their CEO Carol Fishman Cohen and she grew the firm based on her experience trying to get back into the workforce after being a stay-at-home mom. 

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: work at home

Message 278 of 301

@Lil02359 Unfortunately, I don't know much about that field. You might want to start with some searches on LinkedIn to see if you can find someone you'd want to connect to. You also might want to try Glassdoor since they have profiles of companies which could provide you with some good information.

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: I am wanting to return to the workforce after, being off with a high risk child.

Message 279 of 301

@j49316c You may want to look at www.iRelaunch.com They specialize in jobs for people who have left the workforce for a few years and want to return.

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: Second Career

Message 280 of 301

@b745718k You are so welcome. Here's an article about changing careers that might be helpful:  https://www.aarp.org/work/career-change/info-2017/thinking-of-changing-careers.html

Kudos
Views