Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families was developed by AARP to help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to obtain a free copy.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Part-Time Work, Work from Home, and Second Careers

Message 261 of 294

Looking for a part-time job near my home How do I apply on the AARP website?

Debra Jacobs
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Hi my name is Mary West

Message 262 of 294

I am looking for a part-time job. Would like to work from home.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

WORK AT HOME PART TIME THAT IS REAL AND NOT A SCAM

Message 263 of 294

I AM  LOOKING FOR A PART TIME JOB  WORKING AT HOME TO HELP SUPLEMENT MY INCOME. IF ANYONE KNOW OF A LEGIT JOB PLEASE POST 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 264 of 294

I am current registered to attend online Event # 1454200 today.  However, I will be unable to attend the event live today.  Please accept my sincere apology for the late cancellation notice. 

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely

Donna Jolly

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Changing careers

Message 265 of 294

Hi.  I am a 57 young female who is currently unemployed.  For 35 years I have worked in various fields as an LPN.  I had no desire to further my career into an RN.  During the course of 35 years I pursued my dream as a personal trainer and nutritionist with an associate degree is dietetics.  Now, unemployed at 57 I do not desire to go back into nursing.  I would like to restart a career in fitness, emphasizing in senior fitness and nutrition.  I would enjoy teaching seniors how to choose healthy lifestyles and prevent many illness and diseases associated with sedentary lifestyles and the aging process.  I have kept myself in good health and have overcome many pains and ailments associated with menopause and aging.  I feel l can help others  with my knowledge and experiences.  I am currently studying to become recertified as a personal trainer and will get a certification in senior fitness after.  Do you think there is a demand for what I have planned?  Can you offer any advice?  Thank you

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: Finding Part time job

Message 266 of 294

@sylvan95 Definitely check out our online career fair today at 1 pm EST!  - https://www.aarp.org/onlinecareerfair

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 267 of 294

Susan: This is an excellent idea! Thank you.

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: I want to teach Math!!!!

Message 268 of 294

@EFarach1325 There is a great need for math teachers these days. Have you contacted your local community college to see if they need any math instructors? That would be a good way to get your foot in the door.

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: Finding Yourself through adversity.

Message 269 of 294

@JoannaF506042 What a fantastic and inspiring story! Talk about making lemonade out of lemons! Thank you for sharing.

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: I am wanting to return to the workforce after, being off with a high risk child.

Message 270 of 294

@j49316c Sounds like you would be a great candidate for iRelaunch.https://www.irelaunch.com/

They specialize in people returning to work after a break (often moms caring for their kids). I had the pleasure of meeting their CEO Carol Fishman Cohen and she grew the firm based on her experience trying to get back into the workforce after being a stay-at-home mom. 

Kudos
Views