WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Part-Time Work, Work from Home, and Second Careers

Message 251 of 315

Id like to work part time in custermer service or some kind of work from home.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Job

Message 252 of 315

@1takehomewrote:

I am retire and I am tried of sitting at home doing nothing I want to get back into the job feild for a while Iam 55 years old with a college degree in criminal justices and I live in Concord North Carolina .Do anybody have any suggetions or know of any job opennings that I may apply for.

HI @1takehome and welcome to the online community!

I do not have 1st hand knowledge of any law enforcement job/criminal justice jobs in your area, but I do know that AARP has been working hard in the area of senior employment, and thus this site is filled with helpful information to get you back out there. Check this out: https://www.aarp.org/work/job-search/

Wishing you all the best,

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Job

Message 253 of 315

I am retire and I am tried of sitting at home doing nothing I want to get back into the job feild for a while Iam 55 years old with a college degree in criminal justices and I live in Concord North Carolina .Do anybody have any suggetions or know of any job opennings that I may apply for.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Part time job stuffing envelopes

Message 254 of 315

@s897372lwrote:

I see all types of ads for part time jobs stuffing envelopes workig from home. They don't leave a company name and I'm not sure if they are legitimate or not. Can AARP vet them so I can know if they are worth looking into? 

They all say that you can work as much as I want to and mke as much money as I want but that is ablout all the info they give me.

Can anyone help or advise me as to how to check them out to make sure they are for real?

Hi 

One time many many years ago when I was in high school, my mother got the idea that she could do this and make some extra money.  That company was legit but the pay was awful, she had to pay up front for stamps and there was a deadline and we all had to help her finish. That was a one time idea. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 255 of 315

Hello!

My name is Stanley Goren and Ihave been a AARP member for the last 17 years. I now find myself in a percurious position. I am now 80 years of age and have to be at home to take care of my wife who has Alzheimer,s disease. I find myself in need of additional income. The cost of taking care of my wife being help aides, medicines and doctor visits has completely drained me. I would relish a ligitimate work at home position. Please Help Me! 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Work from home opportunities

Message 256 of 315

@kb5965112 Here is a good list to begin your search - course everything depends on what you can do and how much time you have to get the job done.

Clark Howard 10/2017 - A List of Legitimate Work at Home Opportunities

Remember, these are not necessarily part time jobs - they may give you enough work for a 40 hour week and pay accordingly.

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Movie backgroud

Message 257 of 315

I'm 63 and will be 64 in March. I've been doing background work as an extra and I'm interested in traditional work.I've been applying for part-time work since I got laid-off in 2010 with nothing but interviews. I'm unemployed and I don't want to do early retirement and lose most of my benefits (I've always worked minimum wage jobs).My sons have been helping me out. I don't see anything on AARP relating to what I'm looking for. I'm going for my dream and I may not be getting any younger but I'm getting better.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Consulting

Message 258 of 315

I started doing independent training consulting focusing on leadership development, managerial and supervisory development including all areas of soft skiils development.  So far I have been a subcontractor for other consulting firms but now want to pursue contracts on my own.  I need help with developing marketing material that sells the services I can provide.  This includes revamping my existing business card to reflect the marketing approach.  One of my weakess areas is etworking however with a good story to tell that can be overcome.  I need immediate help with the design and development of marketing materials.  Can somoene provide an individual and/or organization I can reach out to for help and assistance.

Thanks

Vincent Agnew

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 259 of 315

I am beyond ready to start my exit strategy from a 40 hour per week job. And I have always planned to work from home because I also have a small home-based accounting and tax practice. 
There are several references, in this discussion, to an organization called Work At Home Vintage Experts (WAHVE).  Does anyone have any information to share about his/her experience with WAHVE?

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: part time or work from home

Message 260 of 315

I worked for Johnson and Johnson  25 years and i retired in 2004.

Thank you 

Wilda French 

Kudos
Views