On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Part-Time Work, Work from Home, and Second Careers

Message 1 of 295

My name is Michael and I will be looking to starting retirement sometime next year and am looking to supplement my Social Security income with a part time job.

Most of my working life has been doing data entry in various fields like Finance, College Bookstore, and Healthcare (currently).

I noticed elsewhere on the website that Library Technicians is an up and coming PT employmennt opportunity and I'd like further information.

Can you help?

email address is : mirober280@gmail.com

Thank you

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 295
Hello im Stephen cobb im looking for part time work from home work im in culver city ca please get me the information needed to start right away
jeredaniels5237@gmail.com
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 295

I am interested in part time or work from home to supplement my income.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 295

I am currently working part time at Panera Bread, but my hours are being cut to about 8-9 a week. I love the company and the work is pleasant. However the hours are not enough to sustain me.

I look for work from home flexible hours, and seem only to get ones that need you to pay to work for them, or just don't seem real. Anywhere to go to find out which of these jobs are reputable and real?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 295

My name is Willie,

Due to medical issues I had to retire early and start using my social security benefits earlier than I wanted to.  I want a little more income so I want to work part-time from home.  I enjoyed my work as a Business Manger in the broadcasting field (radio).  I performed all of the accounting functions from journal entries through financial statements.  I've managed accounts receivables, accounts payable, and processed payroll.  I'm familiar with microsoft excel.  Can you let me know how to get started towards a "Work from Home" opportunity?  I'm physically limited, but I loved what I was doing before I had to retire.

Thank you,

Willie

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 295

My name is Diane Amachree

I'm retired due to medical disibility that keeps me at home. I worked as a Medical Claims Adjuster for twenty five years. I would like to work from home doing Data Entry, Customer Service or something in Medical Insurance, I have a work history in all the fields I listed as well as other experience.

Thank you 

Diane Amachree 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 295

My name is Diane Amachree

I'm retired due to medical disibility I have to 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 295

The link aarp.org/jobs opens twice now to only a blank page!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Finding Yourself through adversity.

Message 9 of 295

Nice story, good for you.  Wishing you and your husband a successful journey..

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 295

@nicholas81 I recommend you visit AARP's Job Board at www.aarp.org/jobs.  There you will find employers with job opportunities that may suit your needs.

Kudos
Views