Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Part-Time Work, Work from Home, and Second Careers

Message 1 of 301

I've been out of the workforce since 2012 and due to health issues, I have not been able to find data entry/office work. I am quite proficient in a variety of programs, including Microsoft Office.   Working from home would be a dream come true for me especially due to my limitations due to my health concerns. 

Please advise if any information is available.

Regards,

Jeanne L. Parrish

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 301

Hello,  Susan it is so nice to have you as our confidant in a job search, which seems to have been going on for many, many months.  Discouraged, yet determined I am still at it.  I need a job yesterday.  I am 66, retired, happily married, eating every day—-& stressing out constantly—-how to pay all of the bills each month?  We play “who is going to get paid & who are we totally going to ignore this month?”  We have no money for gifts, getaways, or help a family or friend.  We eat cheaply and sparingly.  My 71 year old husband is always fixing items, which he has no business lifting, twisting, lugging & tugging at this time. I am a woman who is up with the times, I like to make laughter, not a complainer, have jealousy toward no man, mind my own business and love to be home after many years in the office.

Susan, I taught myself the computer.  Oh, how I love the upcoming technology.  I would like to work from home, anything in telecommunications.  Customer service, chat person, business to business.  Whatever the need, I am fast to learn the protocol.  I have an affinity for the proper reading, writing and understanding of the English language.  I will work any day of the week, as well as working through night hours. I have tried the known companies online, resume, searching, applying....Susan I need your help.  I am incorrectly doing something or my knowledge is lacking on the hiring ethics of today.  I will not waste your time, will without question do as you suggest and will remain appreciative of your effort for me.  Cordially,  Ann C, [email address removed from public view to protect your online privacy - please use the Private Message (PM) function to contact]

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 301

I am very interested. Kindly forward to me any information to apply for this part-time position with the Census.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 301

My name is Ted.  I've worked for a company for 30 years but the company is looking like it's going belly-up.  I'm 66 years old and not ready to quit working.  I'm a design engineer in a manufacturing setting.  However, I really wouldn't mind changing to something that is less stressful and have flexible hours, preferably at home or in the outdoors. I like meeting people and helping them resolve customer service issues too.

Any suggestions?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 301

The Census Bureau has jobs now

$14.00 an hour

Set your own hours  Mileage and training paid for

Apply   2020census,gov/jobs

Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 301

@m740003r I recommend you visit AARP's Job Board at jobs.aarp.org

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 301

My name is Michael and I will be looking to starting retirement sometime next year and am looking to supplement my Social Security income with a part time job.

Most of my working life has been doing data entry in various fields like Finance, College Bookstore, and Healthcare (currently).

I noticed elsewhere on the website that Library Technicians is an up and coming PT employmennt opportunity and I'd like further information.

Can you help?

[email address removed from public view to protect your online privacy - please use the Private Message (PM) function to contact]

Thank you

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 301

Hello im Stephen cobb im looking for part time work from home work im in culver city ca please get me the information needed to start right away
[email address removed from public view to protect your online information]

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 301

I am interested in part time or work from home to supplement my income.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 301

I am currently working part time at Panera Bread, but my hours are being cut to about 8-9 a week. I love the company and the work is pleasant. However the hours are not enough to sustain me.

I look for work from home flexible hours, and seem only to get ones that need you to pay to work for them, or just don't seem real. Anywhere to go to find out which of these jobs are reputable and real?

Patricia Orr
Kudos
Views