Discover Healthy Recipes. Search By Cuisine, Lifestyle, Nutritional Info And More. Earn Double Reward Points.

Info Seeker

Re: Part-Time Work, Work from Home, and Second Careers

Message 91 of 100

Hi. I am in a second-career as an manager in healthcare administration. It is really, in my opinion, a deadend job and I have still plenty of miles to go before I can retire. My educational and professional backgrounds are in communications (marketing and public relations). I am not sure I am a candidate anymore to compete with younger people who have more background and experience with social media. I did take a writing for social media workshop last summer as well as a two-day workshop on grantwriting.

I am just really not sure how to figure out what I want to do and realistically what I can do well enough anymore. The world has changed so much since I first stepped in it...Smiley Happy

Do I need a job coach? Are they expensive? Thanks!

Report Inappropriate Content
AARP Expert

Message 92 of 100

@PriscillaF39168 You can join the online career fair tomorrow 1/25, please click here to register.

AARP Expert

Message 93 of 100

@Ramct Sounds like AARP's online career fair tomorrow 1/25 would be a great place for you to look since we are focusing on part-time work. Please click here to register.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Message 94 of 100

Good morning and welcome to the AARP Online Community!

This is a great chance to connect with an AARP Work & Job experts. "Part-Time Work, Work from Home, and Second Careers" is the next in a series of topics brought to you by AARP.

Ask AARP Expert Susan Weinstock your questions and share your stories here!

Info Seeker

Job Search

Message 95 of 100

Hi, I'm Charmaine and I just retired after 50 years of working, the last 10 of them from a physical job.  I'd very much like to work from home doing data entry/clerical type work, I've had my fill of the office environment and politics.  What are the best job sites for seniors looking for LEGITIMATE work from hom jobs?  What industries are most amenable to hiring retirees?  Thank you

Info Seeker

Finding Part time job

Message 96 of 100

My name is Jo.  I have retired from full time work after 38 years as Customer Service Manager but find I miss working with people - would like to find something part time that does not involve nights or weekends, and that I can use my service skills.  Any suggestions on the best way to start a search?

I live in Northern Indiana - it seems part time employment is very limited.

Thanks

Info Seeker

Message 97 of 100
Hi, My name is Maggie. I looking for something part-time, 5 days a week in Glen Burnie, Halethorpe, Odenton or Jessup area during Data Entry.
Community Manager

Message 98 of 100

Hello @PriscillaF39168, thank you for your interest in the career fair on January 25. Please click here to register. Thank you for your participation in the AARP Online Community!

Info Seeker

Message 99 of 100

I would like to recieve an invitation to take part in the Online Career Fair (January 25, 1-4 p.m. ET) for part-time work. I do have a college degree, but just want to suppliment my social security income. My new email address is pferguson646[at]domain.com. My daughter got the notification, but I did not. She is not looking for a job, but I am.

Thank you,

Priscilla Ferguson

Community Manager

Part-Time Work, Work from Home, and Second Careers

Message 100 of 100

Work-Jobs-Banner-02 (1).png

If you prefer to work part-time, want a side gig or work from home job to earn some extra cash, or are looking to launch a second career, this is the place to get practical tips and advice from AARP subject matter expert Susan Weinstock.

Ask AARP Expert Susan about finding flexible work options that work for you.