Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Info Seeker

I want to teach Math!!!!

Message 81 of 91

I’ve practiced structural engineering now going on 43 years. I am technically up to date and very competent in my field. I would like to teach math and share my academic experiences with young aspiring engineers. Perhaps at the junior college level or selected high school – I’m not interested in babysitting, but rather, I would like to mentor young folks who are interested in doing something with their lives. I am 67 years old in good health and with all my wits in order!

Any suggestions?

Gene Farach, PE

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Re: Part-Time Work, Work from Home, and Second Careers

Message 82 of 91

Hi. I am in a second-career as an manager in healthcare administration. It is really, in my opinion, a deadend job and I have still plenty of miles to go before I can retire. My educational and professional backgrounds are in communications (marketing and public relations). I am not sure I am a candidate anymore to compete with younger people who have more background and experience with social media. I did take a writing for social media workshop last summer as well as a two-day workshop on grantwriting.

I am just really not sure how to figure out what I want to do and realistically what I can do well enough anymore. The world has changed so much since I first stepped in it...Smiley Happy

Do I need a job coach? Are they expensive? Thanks!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 83 of 91

@PriscillaF39168 You can join the online career fair tomorrow 1/25, please click here to register.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 84 of 91

@Ramct Sounds like AARP's online career fair tomorrow 1/25 would be a great place for you to look since we are focusing on part-time work. Please click here to register.

Community Manager

Message 85 of 91

Good morning and welcome to the AARP Online Community!

This is a great chance to connect with an AARP Work & Job experts. "Part-Time Work, Work from Home, and Second Careers" is the next in a series of topics brought to you by AARP.

Ask AARP Expert Susan Weinstock your questions and share your stories here!

Info Seeker

Job Search

Message 86 of 91

Hi, I'm Charmaine and I just retired after 50 years of working, the last 10 of them from a physical job.  I'd very much like to work from home doing data entry/clerical type work, I've had my fill of the office environment and politics.  What are the best job sites for seniors looking for LEGITIMATE work from hom jobs?  What industries are most amenable to hiring retirees?  Thank you

Info Seeker

Finding Part time job

Message 87 of 91

My name is Jo.  I have retired from full time work after 38 years as Customer Service Manager but find I miss working with people - would like to find something part time that does not involve nights or weekends, and that I can use my service skills.  Any suggestions on the best way to start a search?

I live in Northern Indiana - it seems part time employment is very limited.

Thanks

Info Seeker

Message 88 of 91
Hi, My name is Maggie. I looking for something part-time, 5 days a week in Glen Burnie, Halethorpe, Odenton or Jessup area during Data Entry.
Community Manager

Message 89 of 91

Hello @PriscillaF39168, thank you for your interest in the career fair on January 25. Please click here to register. Thank you for your participation in the AARP Online Community!

Info Seeker

Message 90 of 91

I would like to recieve an invitation to take part in the Online Career Fair (January 25, 1-4 p.m. ET) for part-time work. I do have a college degree, but just want to suppliment my social security income. My new email address is pferguson646[at]domain.com. My daughter got the notification, but I did not. She is not looking for a job, but I am.

Thank you,

Priscilla Ferguson

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors