Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Over 80 and still working

Message 31 of 36

I retired at age 65 due to health issues, but found that to not be very satisfying, so, I returned to the workforce part time & continue today at the age of 79 as I reach 80 in Feb. I will retire again!  I am a Pharmacist & the demands for technology changes have placed me at.a disadvantage working part time.  Best of luck to all of you as you continue past the age of 80!

@johninnevada wrote:

I am over 80 and still working. I am wondering how many other AARP members over 80 are still working for pay at age over 80.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 36
I will be 83 in 3 mo. and still drive cars for the Chev. and Cad. auto dealers. have been for over 15 years.
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

WONDERFUL LIFE: Over 80 and still working

Message 33 of 36

Dear Johninnevada,

It sounds like you have been very fortunate to be able to sustain long term employment in Las Vegas where the economy has been in recovery since the 2008 disaster.  I am very pleased to know you survived and continue to prosper and enjoy your life.

Your positive and giving spirit is inspiring...may you and your wife 

have a blessed holiday season!

BLESSINGS.gifBLESSINGS

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 36

To answer your question I work an 8 hour shift 3-11 PM as a Gate Attendent at a busy RV Membership Park, I work every Thursday evening as well as one or two additional nights.I am the only person there after the Office closes at 5 PM and Check People in as well as collect money and also lock up buildings during the evening, I have to open the gate for all who come in. In addition to this I Volunteer a lot and have served as an Officer in the BPOE for the past 35 years.

My wife and I Thank GOD on a daily basis for permitting us to be so active at over 80 years old.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

REPLY: Over 80 and still working

Message 35 of 36

Dear John,

That's impressive!  What do you do?  Your employer must be a good one.

true.jpg

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Over 80 and still working

Message 36 of 36

I am over 80 and still working. I am wondering how many other AARP members over 80 are still working for pay at age over 80.

Kudos
Views
Replies