Who is Daymond John?
Daymond John is star of ABC’s Shark Tank and CEO and Founder of FUBU, a much-celebrated global lifestyle brand with over $6 billion in product sales. An entrepreneur in every sense of the word, John has come a long way from taking out a $100,000 mortgage on his mother’s house and moving his operation into the basement. He is an award-winning entrepreneur, and he has received over 35 awards including the Brandweek Marketer of the Year, Advertising Age Marketing 1000 Award for Outstanding Ad Campaign, and Ernst & Young’s New York Entrepreneur of the Year Award. John is also the author of four best-selling books, Display of Power, The Brand Within and New York Times best sellers, The Power of Broke and Rise And Grind. In John’s latest book due out in March 2020, Powershift, he reveals how to drive the change you want to see in your life by mastering the three prongs of influence: reputation, negotiation, and relationships.
What is Daymond John’s Tools for Success?
Daymond John’s Tools for Success is a digital training program for job seekers, workers and entrepreneurs. John has teamed up with AARP to create three engaging, interactive courses that allow you to work and learn at your own pace. He shares his best practices and the tools he’s used throughout his career to find success, so you can too. You’ll learn directly from John how to 1) Build your personal brand, 2) Utilize your skill set to take your career to the next level, and 3) Identify the best entrepreneurial opportunity for you.
Can you tell me more about the Worksheets in the RESOURCES section?
There are several Worksheets that can be found within the courses as well in the RESOURCES section. They can be downloaded and printed and used to guide you with questions to ask yourself related to each of the course topics.
- Building Your Personal Brand (Chapter 2 Worksheet) Four Ingredients to Your Personal Brand You’re given questions to ask yourself related to each of the four key ingredients that comprise your personal brand and make it unique to you.
- Utilizing Your Skill Set to Take Your Career to the Next Level (Chapter 1 Worksheet) Hard and Soft Skills You’re asked to write down your Hard Skills and your Soft Skills and begin to reflect on how these skills can contribute to your marketability.
- Utilizing Your Skill Set to Take Your Career to the Next Level (Chapter 4 Worksheet) Your Elevator Pitch You’re asked to write a brief statement about you that conveys your value as well as connect with your audience and their needs. You should be ready to present it at a moment’s notice!
- Identify the Best Entrepreneurial Opportunity for You (Chapter 2 Worksheet) Thought Starter Questions You’re given questions to ask yourself that help guide you to a clearer understanding of what you want the next chapter of your life to look like, as well as any changes you may need to make to get to where you want to be
Do I need to be an AARP member to access these courses?
You do not need to be an AARP member to access these FREE training courses, but you do need to be an aarp.org registered user, which is also free.
Are there other AARP resources available for experienced workers, job seekers and entrepreneurs who are 50-plus?
Yes! With AARP Work Reimagined, you’ll find innovative tools and tips for experienced workers to jump-start your job search or to help accelerate your career at www.aarp.org/work and resources for starting, growing and sustaining your business visit www.aarp.org/startabusiness
Does AARP offer any other no-cost educational programs online or in my area?
AARP offers both online and in-person workshops on such topics as finding jobs online, effective networking and how to interview for the job you want. For more information, go to learn.aarp.org and www.aarp.org/benefits-discounts/all/learn50
Does AARP offer any resources for low-income job seekers?
AARP Foundation equips low-income and unemployed older adults with the skills and resources to increase their financial stability and overcome existing or future challenges. Our BACK TO WORK 50+ program provides the training, coaching and job-seeking tools older adults need to compete with confidence for today’s in-demand jobs. Visit us at www.aarpfoundation.org/backtowork. In addition, our WORK FOR YOURSELF@50+ provides low-income adults with training, tools and resources that helps you determine if self-employment is right for you. Visit us at www.aarpfoundation.org/workforyourself
Who can I call for technical help with Daymond John’s Tools for Success?
You may call the Client Care Team at the toll-free nationwide number: 1-800-439-5788 from 11:00am – 8:00pm EST Monday - Friday Or visit https://support.lightspeedvt.com for additional support options.
Who can I call at AARP for more information?
You may call the AARP Consumer Care Center at the toll-free nationwide number: 1-888-687-2277 (English)
- 7:00am – 11:00pm EST, Monday - Friday
- 9:00am – 5:00pm EST, Saturday and Sunday