When it comes to your workout, there are good reasons not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THANK YOU: NEW JOB!

Message 11 of 21

@SIMPLEGAL   If you feel so inclined, I hope you will post & let us know how this position is working out.  Perhaps share some of the highlights with us, or just whatever you might care to share.  Again, good wishes on this new endeavor & relationship.   Pam

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

THANK YOU: NEW JOB!

Message 12 of 21

Thank you all for your words of congratulations. 

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Today I was hired as a "companion" for a well-to-do couple who needs someone to be a "friend" to her 93 year old mother.  Believe it or not the mother/mother-in-law is fit and sharp as a tack.  I was amazed!  Should be a good gig...4 hours a day 2x/week and 2 hours a eve 3X/week.  I have freedom to do whatever I need to do and can take the lady (Millie) along...or we just hang out.  Not bad eh?  They have a shih-Tzu who was super friendly and it will be fun to play with him and walk him.  Upon leaving the couple said to me "Welcome to the Family".  This will give me purpose, extra $$ and help someone who needs it.  WIN/WIN/WIN!

golf.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: NEW JOB!

Message 13 of 21
Thank you Soosie!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21
Thank you Pam!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21
Thank you Nyadyn.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21
ASTRAEA,
Good point! I will need to check.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

@SIMPLEGAL - Congratulations on your new opportunity! Did they explain why they wanted a companion for the older woman now; has she had any "near accidents" or incidents of "confusion," that you should know about? Have you checked what your liability would be, if she fell or had some other medically-related episode, while she was out with you .. since you're being paid for your time & effort?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Today I was hired as a "companion" for a well-to-do couple who needs someone to be a "friend" to her 93 year old mother.  Believe it or not the mother/mother-in-law is fit and sharp as a tack.  I was amazed!  Should be a good gig...4 hours a day 2x/week and 2 hours a eve 3X/week.  I have freedom to do whatever I need to do and can take the lady (Millie) along...or we just hang out.  Not bad eh?  They have a shih-Tzu who was super friendly and it will be fun to play with him and walk him.  Upon leaving the couple said to me "Welcome to the Family".  This will give me purpose, extra $$ and help someone who needs it.  WIN/WIN/WIN!

Best wishes for your new adventure!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

So glad to read your upbeat post & good news, @SIMPLEGAL !  Best wishes that the new job goes well.  I love the win-win-win aspect.  Smiley Very Happy      Pam

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21
Congratulations. This sounds good and I bet you will enjoy your time spent with this family.

Soosie
Kudos
Views