Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Lack of Public Transportation could be a ticket that HR people need to turn down older workers

Conversationalist

Lack of Public Transportation could be a ticket that HR people need to turn down older workers

I have created a petition to get Via to expand to serve more people so that older workers can land jobs.  Metro has made a mistake by having some areas go without any public transportation at all.  It needs a great amount of signatures to send a clear message to Metro to make much better connections between the bus or Call-a-Ride.  Without it, the HR would notice it and use that as a tool to turn away older workers.  Signing this is one way to show that you will NOT let Metro cave to the big corporations that don't want older workers.  

https://chng.it/B77SFS9s

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.

Dear Patrick,How is life treating you, 

this is a very common problem in many countries as some Atomic powers have no mind to make roads or other things Like Education and Health services.As the Government and opposition are  fighting as if for freedom Why because the ruling class is so rich more than Arabs,Even the retired Army Retired Chiefs have Islands In Australia and Belgium .There are may,many who dont have meal for two times,all corrupt leaders come one by one.This country has from coal to gold,four seasons,four crops, and what not but its the most poor country in the world.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Great post, Patrick!

But also consider this type of transportation solution is a bonus for others, such as our grand-kids not yet driving, our differently-abled neighbor who can't afford a specially equipped vehicle, or our lower-income neighbor who works multiple jobs to support their families...

This first came to my attention when I moved to Denver and found their amazing transit system that in the late-80s was tasked with providing affordable and regular transportation within 1 mile of EVERY home in the Denver metro area; and accomplished that. A point of pride was that this provided everyone who wanted to work affordable transportation across the region to jobs of their choice, so the transportation question became less important to HR, depending on the job requirements.

Now living in Las Vegas, we're working toward a similar goal as your petition is and I highly recommend examining Denver as a model to aspire to. While there have been and will always be hitches and glitches there is always the hope that knowledge learned through lessons other systems have learned will make these systems more valuable as we move forward.

Thank you for a great topic and petition!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I thank those who have signed.  Lets get some more signatures so we can tell Metro that Via needs to be extended!

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP