AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Reply: If you are still working, how did you find your job?

Message 1 of 5

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:
Thank you Angela. BTW - when I was laid off in 2010 I was able to get a job with an elementary school. Schools are a great place for older workers. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the suggestion? Hugs, Angela

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5
Thank you Angela. BTW - when I was laid off in 2010 I was able to get a job with an elementary school. Schools are a great place for older workers. I really enjoyed it.
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

@SIMPLEGAL wrote:

Hi Angela,

I agree with you wholeheartedly and support you in your pursuit of employment.  I live in a senior retirement community in Florida and know many retirees who work.   I have had health setbacks but hope to regain my strength and return to being a productive member of society.  FYI - medical insurance is a big reason so many seniors work.  My medical plan is expensive and is going up another $40 a month next year.  I have a $7,000 deductible which means I pay out-of-pocket for every medical procedure except yearly exams.  It is outrageous.  Something to consider carefully. 

I am sending healing thoughts your way for a SPEEDY recovery!!!! Hugs, Angela

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Reply: If you are still working, how did you find your job?

Message 4 of 5

Hi Angela,

I agree with you wholeheartedly and support you in your pursuit of employment.  I live in a senior retirement community in Florida and know many retirees who work.   I have had health setbacks but hope to regain my strength and return to being a productive member of society.  FYI - medical insurance is a big reason so many seniors work.  My medical plan is expensive and is going up another $40 a month next year.  I have a $7,000 deductible which means I pay out-of-pocket for every medical procedure except yearly exams.  It is outrageous.  Something to consider carefully. 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

If you are still working, how did you find your job?

Message 5 of 5

Hello All:

If you are still working, how did you find your job?

I am so ready to get out of retail at age 61 and trying big time to figure out the best way to find another job. I do plan on getting my social security next year, but would like to ideally continue to work until I can't.

I feel personally that having a reason to get out of bed and leave home helps to keep us young and healthy as we age. Too many of us are dying early from lonliness or mental or physical issues.

I have been using the famous online job sites but feel I am wasting my time. I have also looked into sites geared to seniors. Again, nothing.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!

Hugs,

Angela

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: