Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

I wake up every day confused and lost because I tried but my employers did not want me anyway

Periodic Contributor

I wake up every day confused and lost because I tried but my employers did not want me anyway

I will be 60 soon. Oh, how I have tried to be a good employee. Of course, I was not always successful. No one is perfect. But I did the work and I believe I had good skills to offer. But once again I have been without a full time job for two years. Here we go again!!!

I was let go from two jobs over the last 10 years that would have offered me a pension. That hurts! One job I got all good reviews. They let me go right before they were supposed to hire me full time. Talk about sleazy. Then there was the other job where the boss did not like me from day one.  Perhaps I have not learned to play the game.

So here I am, lost and confused.

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

Hi, @IsThereAFutureForMe, thanks for posting here. First of all, I want to wish you a happy (upcoming) birthday!  Also, I'd like to share a few resources with you: 1) If you haven't already, please check out the AARP Job Board www.aarp.org/jobs and 2) the Employer Pledge Program www.aarp.org/employerpledge. These are employers who support and want to hire and retain older workers. Hope this is helpful to you. Thanks again. -Lynne

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP