Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How has COVID-19 changed your approach to marketing?

Retired Community Manager

Welcome to the AARP Online Community! In conjunction with the Make Your Move entrepreneurship contest, now through September 30th, we are joined by Business Leader Keith Hall @KeithH119895. Please ask your questions by reply post below—all are encouraged to participate!

You’ve undoubtedly seen a shift in how major brands are communicating through the pandemic, from an increased focus on empathy and social distancing compliance to revised customer service procedures. We would like to discuss if and how you’ve changed your approach to marketing. Have you changed your budget? Message  and message tonality? What recent marketing efforts have or have not worked? We will brainstorm best practices with the intention of helping each of us get more out of our marketing budget.

We are still doing a lot of personal sales calls but we have expanded on customer follow up. with phone calls the client knows we are still in business and hoe we have changed to make our programs safe for the staff. We teach CPR/AED/FIRST AID and there is a lot of hands on with the students.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I've shifted a lot of my marketing dollars to communications with current customers, rather than trying to acquire new ones. I also try and focus on what they might be needing now, during the pandemic, rather than their previous purchases. 

I'm hoping that once we get out of the current crisis, the strong relationships with my customers are even stronger.

Best of luck to all!

0 Kudos
Contributor

What a great example of refocusing your marketing and business strategy Your point about keeping the customer needs front and center is critical to the pandemic pivot and business continuity. 

Retired Community Manager

Keith Hall is the President and CEO for the National Association for the Self-Employed.  He previously served as the National Tax Advisor for NASE where he offered tax advice to persons self-employed and micro-business owners. He is a certified public accountant and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post and Good Housekeeping.

About the Contest: The purpose of the 2020 Make Your Move Contest is to help both business owners and aspiring business owners navigate and succeed through these difficult times. In addition to the chance of winning a meeting with Shark Tank's Daymond John and cash prizes, you'll have the opportunity to discuss key areas of business ownership and get advice from peers and leaders. Enter today! Ends 09/30/20. See Official Rules.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP