Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How are you capitalizing on your experiences to launch or sustain your business?

Retired Community Manager

How are you capitalizing on your experiences to launch or sustain your business?

Welcome to the AARP Online Community! In conjunction with the Make Your Move entrepreneurship contest, now through September 30th, we are joined by Business Leader Keith Hall @KeithH119895. Please ask your questions by reply post below—all are encouraged to participate!

Most of us have had more than one job and many of us have even shifted careers in our lifetimes. Regardless of your path, you’ve most likely accumulated years of working and life experiences, putting you at an advantage over your younger competition. You’ve also probably met a lot of people along the way and your contacts are plentiful and invaluable. This conversation is intended to brainstorm how transferable skills and strong business and social contacts can help you launch a new business or improve revenue in your current business.

I am in the Real Estate Industry and through the years, I have used hundreds of ways to sustain and maintain a flow of leads and potential clients. (Sellers and Buyers of Real Estate). I have used mailings, social media, all kinds of advertising. Nothing compares with the HUMAN TOUCH, (Face to Face, Calling, visiting) 96% of my success has been attributed to this approach and also keeping in mind "HONESTY, SINCERITY, and PROFESSIONALISM" when dealing with people specially those whom I have the privilege and authorization to include in my Data Base.

Remember, is all about VIBRATIONS and POSITIVE ENERGY that is how people can begin to trust you and like you. If someone like you and trust you, they will do business with you and pass the word to their family members and friends.

"NEVER LIE OR DECEIVE" because "LIES AND DECEIPTS LEAD TO MISTRUST"

0 Kudos

Great afternoon,  I keep a positive outlook at every phase of life. Fashion has and shall always be ever evolving. 

I have looked a women points and the Shoeondego Collection, rewards them to shop with me. One stop shop!!!

It's beauty, convenience and the personal feel. I give women the opportunity to experience their inter beauty. Keeping it on the go in a sassy way. 

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

Hi  @SharonJ255699 it seems you have launched a successful women's clothing line that helps women feel good about themselves.  Be sure to enter the MYM Contest at www.aarp.org/mymcontest for a chance to win a conversation with Daymond John about how to take your clothing line to the next level.  Did you have a have a question for our business leader @KeithH119895 that can further help you with your business? 

Retired Community Manager

Keith Hall is the President and CEO for the National Association for the Self-Employed.  He previously served as the National Tax Advisor for NASE where he offered tax advice to persons self-employed and micro-business owners. He is a certified public accountant and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post and Good Housekeeping.

About the Contest: The purpose of the 2020 Make Your Move Contest is to help both business owners and aspiring business owners navigate and succeed through these difficult times. In addition to the chance of winning a meeting with Shark Tank's Daymond John and cash prizes, you'll have the opportunity to discuss key areas of business ownership and get advice from peers and leaders. Enter today! Ends 09/30/20. See Official Rules.

AARP Expert

Hi, I'm the Small Business lead at AARP and we are excited to have @KeithH119895 with us to read your responses and answer your questions.

So, It's been one week since the Make Your Move Contest launched.  We are excited that this opportunity will allow entrepreneurs to win an opportunity to win 5K to launch or grow their business AND meet entrepreneur Daymond John one on one to discuss your specific issues related to YOUR business.  Each week we will ask you a new question that business leader @KeithH119895 stands ready to answer.  

Thank you for joining us!!!

Such a great opportunity 

AARP Expert

Hi @BobbieB813483 we are glad you see this contest and dialogue as a great opportunity.  Pls feel free to share your experience of how you've sustained your business.  We and others would love to hear about that.  Remember, someone can learn from your experiences that perhaps someone has not thought of. Thank you!!!!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP