Stay Safe During Summer Storms with Disaster Preparedness Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Now!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Have you ever gotten a free mental health day?

Message 1 of 11

AARPTeri wrote:

Bosses sometimes know it is just what you need.  Have you ever received a free mental health day?

We have personal days for that  : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 2 of 11

I fired myself once, too.  My employees put me in front of a mirror and told me to hire myself back because there was no way they wanted to put up with the people I had to.  Ownership it's a strange and marvelous thing.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 11

Yes , when the stress rises , I need a mental health break to reset my focus .  The stress can cause disorganization in my mind .

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 11

Man SadNEVER!!!!!!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 11

g28834s wrote:

"...Every work day for me is a mental health day, because I have to put up with a lot of stupid people (I actually had to put up a label saying "Be Nice", for my own benefit)...."

'Mental Health Day' - taking off due to the questionable mental health of colleagues.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 6 of 11

Every work day for me is a mental health day, because I have to put up with a lot of stupid people (I actually had to put up a label saying "Be Nice", for my own benefit).

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 11

I've had a few of them, compliments of the corporation I was working for at the time.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.

Message 8 of 11

We didn't get "mental health days", but one time my boss had a hissy fit with me on the phone .. because he was angry at a few of my coworkers who weren't in the office to receive his ire, I gave myself a mental health break! I took a long walk all the way down to Battery Park (Manhattan), and took a ride on the ferry to Staten Island & back, then took the subway back to my office! I felt a lot better, and my boss did call back & appologize!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 11

We get three personal leave days a year.  Can take them for anything.

Message 10 of 11

Nah. But then I've always worked for myself. I did fire myself once. Long story. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors