If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Fifty Hot Jobs for Retirees!

Message 1 of 61
Any type of office work from secretary to bookkeeper.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 61
Sorry I got on rampage; the only jobs that are available for seniors are the ones that would be too humiliating for the younger people to do like Walmart door greeters they laugh at them. Disrespect !
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 61
The dependency on electronics has cost the younger generstions the ability to build lasting friendships &relationships. No one writes letters we had pen pals. No one calls they text. No one shares how they feel other than a 😊😐😈 an image in a text. Without caring people we are in trouble....they have no desire to care for elders easier yo put in a sr home. Bk in my day we cared for parents & grandparents moved in with their family to get help or give it. Family values are needed to be successful at WORK honesty trust etc...
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 61
I agree rather than see experience wisdom & responsibility in adults over 50 we are looked at as frail, sickly and incontinent with probable dementia. The electronic generation has no respect for elders & can't carry on a conversation can't spell or do math are too dependent on cell, calculator in cell, laptop bluetooth etc. I watched a cashier baffled trying to give me change because she entered the wrong $ in register. She tried 3X on a calculator. We could share valuable moral life lessons but they have attention span of a 2 yr old. Sorry but true
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 61
customer service positions, part time.
Hospital front desk positions.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 61

I would consider any job that offers enough income to keep a roof over my head. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 61

I have many years experience in the Transportation Industry (customer service, rating, billing, accounts payable) and in the retail field. I retired from trucking 6 years ago but have worked

in retail for the last 5 years because I enjoy staying active and working with people. I enjoy solving customer's issues in a pleasant and quick way. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 61
Would like to do something on the computer at home
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 61
Almost any that will allow me it increasingly enhance performance and productivity
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: COMMENT: Fifty Hot Jobs for Retirees!

Message 10 of 61
I agree. I applied for a job in a supermarket , they acknowledged my application but I assume they saw my birthdate and I never heard another word from them. The work ethic is dead.
Kudos
Views