Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

DoorDash drivers make an average of $1.45 an hour, analysis finds

Conversationalist

DoorDash drivers make an average of $1.45 an hour, analysis finds

Honored Social Butterfly

This is extremely bothersome.  I've been using restaurant delivery during the Stay-at-Home Order, and I try to go through the restaurant itself because they have to pay a commission to the companies like Door Dash and Grub Hub.  Up to 20%, I've been told. 

But occasionally there's a restaurant that doesn't deliver.  I just used Door Dash yesterday.  I tip a third of the bill. But I have heard of a trend now, where people enter large tips on their credit cards -- as a way to incentivize the delivery people to choose their order and deliver quickly -- only to reverse that tip to $0 after they get their order.  So add that to miserable pay by the companies such as uber eats, grub hub, and door dash.  It's truly criminal. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

The Great Affordability Crisis Breaking America
In one of the best decades the American economy has ever recorded, families were bled dry. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/great-affordability-crisis-breaking-america/606046...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP