Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Check out this punishment for Kalid's Coffee for age discrimination

Conversationalist

Check out this punishment for Kalid's Coffee for age discrimination

Kalid's Coffee sadly has a bad habit of turning away people over the age of 50.  And the store mangers and corporate are too busy pointing fingers at each other and it makes the cusotmers think that someone is lying.  Now if I had my way, the St. Louis coffee chain would be fined 90 million dollars and all the modern songs that contain garbage would be wiped off the playlist and would be replaced by songs that were writtne by Mozart, Beethoven, and Schubert.  I know that may sound severe, but with a punishment that severe, I am sure Kaldi's would never pull any discriminatory stunts ever again.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I can’t find anything in the news about this. Are they turning away older customers? Or not hiring older workers?

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

They serve older people coffee and food but when it comes to hiring, the baristas state that they want older people but the corporate office which is located off fo Vandeventer is the one that really should be found guilty.  Each time I walk in to a Kaldi's I don't see much of anyone our age working behind the counter.  And what my father has found and and I found out is that the corporate office will tell them what music to play and lie about it.  Corporate has them play garbage as a way to scare senior citizens from wanting to work there.  Corporate knows what they are doing wrong.  They should be slammed for lying about everything they do.  

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"....Each time I walk in to a Kaldi's I don't see much of anyone our age working behind the counter.  And what my father has found and and I found out is that the corporate office will tell them what music to play and lie about it.  Corporate has them play garbage as a way to scare senior citizens from wanting to work there.....".

First of all, working in those coffee shops is hard work. There is a bunch of training, you're on your feet all day, and you really have to be quick. I personally know of two people who were not seniors and simply were overwhelmed trying to be barista's. They gave it up to work in other retail environments. It's a demanding job and let's be honest --- a lot of seniors are not physically able to do that kind of work.

And stating that seniors are 'scared' to work someplace because the music is 'garbage' really makes seniors look bad. I wouldn't hire someone like that myself. 

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"....Kalid's Coffee sadly has a bad habit of turning away people over the age of 50....".

Would you please show a link to an article explaining this? And it's Kaldi, is it not?

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP