Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Career change??

Hi. Im Jeff and new here. I' m 56 and have worked in retail. Feel it' possibly time for some changes. Been at retailing for 23 years. But it' scary. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated. Not sure where to start

Retired Community Manager

Hello @jbelvisgrace. You may be interested to know that we currently are hosting an AARP expert on this very topic. This month, ask AARP Expert Susan Weinstock about finding options that work for you. Please pop over to our Theme Month Discussion and join AARP subject matter expert Susan Weinstock. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Jeff,
Have you thought about driving for a ride-share company? You can make great money and meet new people in your hometown.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hi @jbelvisgrace  and welcome to the online community!

Oh I think it's great fun to start a new phase in your career! I've done everything from cover riots for TV news to organic farmer. 🙂

I suggest you check into Chipotle Mexican Grill. You can start at the bottom (min wage) and quickly work your way up the ladder. The trick to getting hired there is to exude the 13 attributes listed in this article: https://careers-blog.chipotle.com/13-characteristics/

Your retail experience would be a plus, I think.

Best wishes for a wonderfully exciting new year!

hello-clipart-hello-png-JI2KvV-clipart.png

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP