From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you looking for a part-time job?

Message 81 of 164
I noticed that some had expressed interest in blogging. I would like to suggest a site where many people write atricles of all kinds, many good articles about writing on the internet for money too. It is called hubpages.com. I write there under the name xstatic, mostly poetry and some short fiction. If you get a Google adsense account, you can make money on Hubpages. Many writers there also have their own blogs too. There is a writer named billybuc (Bill Holland) who writes many good articles about the business of writing for money, and he is just one. 

I really suggest that you look at it as a first step toward internet writing.   
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 164
looking for part time work as a cashier. like working where I can service  the people, also enjoy  the interaction with all people. worked a few month was greats at Meijers in 2012, it was awesome. worked at Kmart some years ago, that was great, only Kmart will not give you a second chance at working there.  help  want to work
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 164
I am looking for a companionship job. I am 63 and  retired a year ago. I need the extra cash to survive. If anyone know of any family who need someone to watch over their loved one while they are at work, etc in the New Jersey area, please let me know. Thank you.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 164
yes / convevtion center
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you looking for a part-time job?yes convention center

Message 85 of 164
In Response to Are you looking for a part-time job?:
        5 More Great Part-time Jobs for Retirees suggests working as a blogger, coach, teacher’s aid, tour guide or at a convention center. Have you ever worked at one of these types of jobs? If not, which part-time job have you found helps you bring in a little extra income?  
Posted by AARPMiller
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 164
Thanks for sharing that article with us, Betty. That is a truly admirable story. 

That's great that she wanted to get a job helping others, too. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 164
You're welcome, Oregonman97401.  I think that it is great that you can do something that you really enjoy and have fun doing, and get paid for it too. Smile
Kudos
Views
Retired Moderator
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 164
In Response to Are you looking for a part-time job?:
        5 More Great Part-time Jobs for Retirees suggests working as a blogger, coach, teacher’s aid, tour guide or at a convention center. Have you ever worked at one of these types of jobs? If not, which part-time job have you found helps you bring in a little extra income?  
Posted by AARPMiller

Well, how about working for a doctor who makes house calls?? I love this story! At 85 this lady gets a college degree, and a new job!!      From Forbes:
   85 Year Old graduates from college, Gets a New Job!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 164
In Response to Re: Are you looking for a part-time job?:
Hi Oregonman97401, Good for you! It sure sounds like you had fun.  I wish you continued success in this area, and hope that things continue to work out for you.
Posted by oldgraymare2

Thanks very much oldgraymare!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 164
For those of you looking for work, I will mention here what I have mentioned in other posts, and that is for you to check out your local job center as a job hunting resource, if you haven't done so.

It may not be called a job center in your state, but rather it may be called something else. This is a free service offered by your state.

Also, it may or may not be connected to your local unemployment office too, but you don't have to be on unemployment to use it, either.

You can normally find job resource materials there that you can borrow while there. Some job centers might have someone there on staff who can help you with your resume, too. 

Some also offer different types of job hunting seminars, too.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors