Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you looking for a part-time job?

Message 61 of 164

Yes, part-time clerical.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 164

I recently retired from nursing & find myself now with a lot of free time since I have no family in the,area. Am looking for sometime to do to fill up this free time, meet other people & make a little extra money.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 164
I'm 73 years old and am tired of staying home. I'm looking for a part time job just up to 20 hours a week as a cashier. I've had experience at CVS, Walgreens and Circle K perferablly in St. Petersburg FL 33709
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 164
Hi, mrslabel. Would you like to partner with a Phoenix resident?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 164
Yes, I worked as a caregiver to my sister 30 hours a week. My sister no longer qualifies for the service, so I am out of a job.
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 164
Yes I am...but employers aren't interested in hiring folks who are over 50. Over the last 3-1/2 years I've applied for hundreds of part-time jobs...I'm tired of wasting time filling out application forms that get tossed.
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 164

I recently retired with 25 years of service in the PA legislature at age 60.  Since 2002, right before I turned 50 years of age, I have been working part time with an agency that provides mental health services to adults diagnosed with chronic mental illness. I will be working with them as long as they want me to. I enjoy the work, and since I am already well-established as an employee, I don't have to go through the "stress" of going on interviews with people who think that because one is over the age of 40, he or she cannot learn, is stuck in a time warp, or cannot take direction from a younger supervisor.

It's bee a win-win situation for me -- but I planned it well in advance of retirement.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 164
In Response to Are you looking for a part-time job?:
        5 More Great Part-time Jobs for Retirees suggests working as a blogger, coach, teacher’s aid, tour guide or at a convention center. Have you ever worked at one of these types of jobs? If not, which part-time job have you found helps you bring in a little extra income?  
Posted by AARPMiller

I worked as a Home Care Worker sinse 1993. First in Barron County and the rest in Dunn County, Menomonie, WI. I only want to work weekends. Agnes
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 164

In Response to Re: Are you looking for a part-time job?:

How can I learn about social networking? I join a Travel Club and it really is great and they keep saying that your social network is important but I don't have one to make an income.  I always make several hundred dollars a month, take great vacations, get to write a bunch of stuff off on taxes but I would like to increase my income. I am a retired education professional and I don't want to go back to full time ANYTHING. So I really need to find out how to increase my social network?
Posted by 4indiamarcus

See my post of Decmber 2nd about writing on Bubblews.com and also look at Hubpages.com. There is always Facebook too.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 164

In Response to Re: Are you looking for a part-time job?:

How can I learn about social networking? I join a Travel Club and it really is great and they keep saying that your social network is important but I don't have one to make an income.  I always make several hundred dollars a month, take great vacations, get to write a bunch of stuff off on taxes but I would like to increase my income. I am a retired education professional and I don't want to go back to full time ANYTHING. So I really need to find out how to increase my social network?
Posted by 4indiamarcus

See my post of December 2 (I think) where I talk aboput writing on bubblews.com.  Another good place is Hubpages.com and there is always Facebook. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors