Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Are you looking for a part-time job?

5 More Great Part-time Jobs for Retirees suggests working as a blogger, coach, teacherโ€™s aid, tour guide or at a convention center. Have you ever worked at one of these types of jobs? If not, which part-time job have you found helps you bring in a little extra income?

Contributor

I'm looking for a part time job and I am interested in what kind of job you are offering.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

bm4332 wrote:

"....I'm looking for a part time job and I am interested in what kind of job you are offering.....".

No one is offering a job. This is not a job site. This thread was started years ago to provide career suggestions to people looking for work.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am a retiree and living in Santa Monica. I was "layed off" in 2010 at the age of 63 and have been doing temporary and part time work ever since. In the past few months I've been fed up with the general work environment out there, we won't even talk about age discrimination. What is it that you do? I'd be interested in talking to you.
Periodic Contributor

I worked in corporate administrative work from the age of 15 through 63.  When I was layed-off, I did some volunteer work in Guatemala and locally and a few temporary positions in Beverly Hills and Marina Del Rey.  Trying to break into retail work as a part-time position.  Did a month-long stint at Starbucks.  Work was not difficult, but crazy.  Obtained a food handlers license, which is good through 2017.  Let me know if you are still interested in knowing more about me.  Thanks for your interest.

Gold Conversationalist

Check out https://www.edjoin.org/.  There are lots of schools who are senior friendly!

I was laid off in 2010 and struggled for 4 years to find employment.  You can do it too!

Seniormoment.jpg

Regular Contributor

Yes you can keep searching and asking . Wishing you all the best, Mtetar 

0 Kudos

Hi, mrslabel. Would you like to partner with a Phoenix resident?
0 Kudos

I am at my wits end!  Have had several interview with Banks and they are looking for either a f/t/or p/t Teller for which I have many years of experience plus a college degree. Guess what?  nothing ever comes of these meetings, both the branch personnel and the recruiters never get back to you.  Age discrimination is alive and well and DEFINITEY flourishing in South Florida..  One Bank in particular, is a flagrant violator and we will meet in the EEOC chambers when my complaint is heard.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY
0 Kudos

Has anyone did a hobby and turned it into selling items?
0 Kudos

well, for some reason, unbeknownst to me, my netbook and this site just dont seem to wanna participate with each other. soo, vince I am trying to look for some kind of lil job myself, I think I'll scoot on outta here & continue lookin, if I find I'll surely come back and post it! Take care all.
0 Kudos

I would be interested in starting a home business using the internet 9Blogging, etc.) but don't know how to. Maybe there is someone out there who can help me (teach me) to get started... or even form a small group and work together. Any ideas?
Contributor

I can tell you from experience, there are so many scammers out there.  I was taken for $2,500 with promises of LOTS OF MONEY to be made.  I had to contact an attorney just to keep them from taking the monthly fee out of my account in addition to the money I paid up front.  They call from all different numbers, they have a lot of tricks up their sleeves, please be careful!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

In Response to Are you looking for a part-time job?:
        5 More Great Part-time Jobs for Retirees suggests working as a blogger, coach, teacherโ€™s aid, tour guide or at a convention center. Have you ever worked at one of these types of jobs? If not, which part-time job have you found helps you bring in a little extra income?  
Posted by AARPMiller

Yes, I've worked as a part-time waitress in the past and definitely enjoyed the cash tips.

0 Kudos

I am looking for a part time job that does not require a lot of standing or walking.
Pam Marion
marionpam41@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Contributor

I am also looking for a job preferably full time in the D.C./Northern Virginia/Suburban and Baltimore MD areas.
0 Kudos
Contributor

If anyone knows of any companies friendly to hiring seniors in this area (D.C/Baltimore/No. VA) please contact me via private message. Thanks!

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am looking for a parttime job.  My field or expertise is in administration, human resources, bookkeeping and general office work in an area close to me.  I live in Nassau County, New York.  Please forward to me and email so I may submit my resume and qualifications.

Thank you for your assistance.

Marilyn W. Klatt

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP