Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ’ผ 20 Jobs for Older Workers That Don't Require a Degree (AARP Article)

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ’ผ 20 Jobs for Older Workers That Don't Require a Degree (AARP Article)

I just read this online article and thought I would share.

Comments are welcome! ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks,
Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ
0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy wrote:

Thanks,
Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

This AARP article has many, many flaws.

Having been in the personnel/employment arena for decades, it is clear that the writer of this AARP article has not done their research.

Several of the jobs noted, like pet groomers, receptionists, and teacher assistants pay below what FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS are now paying. Why would anyone want a job that doesn't pay a livable wage.

Some jobs, like Real Estate Broker, requires not only licensing but, in many states, requires a prerequisite of working as a Real Estate Salesperson for a year or two prior to promotion to Broker. Additionally, a multitude of people have these licenses in most states, the occupation is flooded with people.

This article needs to be reviewed by people that have knowledge of the labor market directly.

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy wrote:

Thanks,
Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

This AARP article has many, many flaws.

Having been in the personnel/employment arena for decades, it is clear that the writer of this AARP article has not done their research.

Several of the jobs noted, like pet groomers, receptionists, and teacher assistants pay below what FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS are now paying. Why would anyone want a job that doesn't pay a livable wage.

Some jobs, like Real Estate Broker, requires not only licensing but, in many states, requires a prerequisite of working as a Real Estate Salesperson for a year or two prior to promotion to Broker. Additionally, a multitude of people have these licenses in most states, the occupation is flooded with people.

This article needs to be reviewed by people that have knowledge of the labor market directly.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP