Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ1/9 National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day! ARTICLE

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ1/9 National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day! ARTICLE

5 comments ๐Ÿ‘‰  Any Law Enforcement folks out there? ๐Ÿค” THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!

๐Ÿ‘‰  Published January 9, 2023 12:23pm EST By Brittany Kasko | Fox News.

'Every day should be Law Enforcement Appreciation Day,' said actor Dean Cain.

๐Ÿ‘‰

LINK TO ONLINE ARTICLE 

โžก๏ธTo reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON at bottom of this post, enter your text, then click REPLY BUTTON again.โฌ…๏ธ

Silver Conversationalist

I respect anyone who runs toward danger instead of running away from it. Bless them all.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) @LeeS4949 , and what really ๐Ÿ˜ค (lol, not using word or moderator will change it, but you should know the word) - is the HIGH CRIME areas have the "nerve" to complain about NO ONE wanting to police their area. Hold on, you "abuse and lie and kill and jail" the cops that did WANT to work there??? Sad!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Yup lol. I know the word. There's rotten apples in every barrel but the many shouldn't be grouped in with the few. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) @LeeS4949 , you could NOT pay me to be one. Lol, I "police" my parking spot and ALL the want to be gangsters in my apartment complex KNOW I will "inform" on them IF I ๐Ÿ‘€ them NEAR my old lady (2006 Hyundai Elantra). And NOT to Apartment Office or local cops. Waste of time. I say hello to everyone out here, BUT don't do any CRIME beside my car. It's been 4 years, 5 this year and hopefully the last - hoping to be back in Florida this year 2023 or next year 2024. Watching housing prices. ๐Ÿ™„ When I moved into my cute Studio Apartment, drug dealer and prostitute was "operating" their biz in front of my apartment. Hmmm,.... Took care of them BOTH and had no other issues = word got out! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Contributor

GOOD FOR YOU !!

In the Dallas area, the local police discriminate badly toward seniors.  I had a LYFT driver hit me while I was making an approved U-turn.  No sign saying I couldn't and the traffic was at a red light about a block away.  That driver tried to go around me, in front of me, taking the front half of my car with him.  He still drove several feet before stopping.  He had hit his horn a split second before the collision.  The police who showed up were a young female and an experienced guy.  She claimed all my fault !!  He shut up but had told me it looked like Lyft driver fault.  She wrote up the report as my fault so my ins would cover the other driver.  I am out over $3K in damages so far with a shop wait time of about 2 months.  SO, I have no transportation until my car is fixed unless it is to the doctor which my Medicare will cover.  I contacted the COP of their precinct and he said the officers were right.  What is the matter with these people whom my taxes PAY to have protected ME ??  I got whiplash and a concussion out of this beside damage to my car.  The EMT said that and so did my own PC.  I do not feel safe with these guys roaming my neighborhood to "protect" me with good judgement.

I need to be rich to pay for the property damage!!  all that officier wanted to know was if I owned my home !!  they did not listen to me at all....the other driver stopped by my car as he was getting ready to leave and whispered to me "I'm sorry" ... OMG

My last encounter with local police was when I saw one parked on the next street over and I stopped, asking him if all was ok, but he just started using foul language to describe how he felt!!  this is such a bad experience for an old lady to hear from someone we're supposed to respect.

Silver Conversationalist

Excellent. Good for you. Often in life we have to "handle things" in a ,shall we say, bit of a direct way to get our point across. You set the ground rules and they sound like they got the message. Its like that here in a way. Sometimes we just have to police our own spaces..

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP