Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Thank you, Veterans! Veterans' Day 2019

Regular Social Butterfly

Thank you, Veterans! Veterans' Day 2019

Not finding a current post, I'd like to personally thank every Veteran and their Military families for your dedication, loyalty and sacrifice so that I am able to write this to you.

Thank you for your strength and sense of responsibility; I am forever in your debt.

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Regular Social Butterfly

As this day comes to a close, I want to share this story I just learned of:

"Veteran seeks teen who gave him touching letter at Las Vegas Veterans Day parade" 

A 15 year old handed out hand written notes to Vets today:

Letter to Veterans.png

Text:

"Dear Veteran,

I will never fully understand what you went through but I do recognize, appreciate, and honor each and every sacrifice you made for our country. You truly are so brave in all you do. Your hard work helps me and my family live a safe life. Find something beautiful in your life everyday. You can always find light through the darkness -- even on worst days. Never forget: you are my hero.

Love, Carly (age 15)"

Thank you, again, Veterans and Military families, and special thank you, Carly, for your caring and action.

Against all odds in this tumultuous time in America, we can now recognize our history and future are safe with generations to come!

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Thank you to all those VET's .....bittersweet but so grateful!!!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP