From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Thank a Veteran

Message 1 of 27

If you're gonna make a claim like that you should be more definitive. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 27

I am a retired AF veteran.  I have found that AARP's political agenda is against the veterans and those who serve and protect this country.  It is another AARP lie that they support veterans.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

Thanks for your service 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

THANK YOU for your service as well. 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27

And from an Army Retiree .... Thank-You for your service!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 27

From one Veteran to another.

THANK YOU for your service. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27

I recently went shopping in our Walmart store and was in the deli getting some sandwich meats and cheeses (cheaper and more importantly healthier for me) when this entire family came over and took time for each of her four children to introduce themselves to me and thank me for my service. Their mom works at the Dallas VA Hospital and recognized me. I told them that the True Hero's are the men and women we lost in battle and back home to accidents or something like drugs or crime. I did my best to do my duty and for that I'm able to hold my head high and say. "Yes, I served my country and despite 3 strokes would do it all again in a heartbeat! Thank You for allowing me to be a part of the USAF!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 27

From a Veteran...If you would like to THANK A VETERAN here is my recommendation.

Many of you have at one point in time seen an active duty military person in uniform, they will become a Veteran someday, perhaps at a public place such as a airport or restaurant. At a airport just merely shaking a hand and say "thank you for your service." Maybe offer to buy them a cup of coffee or a bite to eat. 

If you are at a restaurant and are lucky enough to see a military family eating out. This is usually a treat for the families that typically occurs around the 1st or 15th of every month which is paydayDO NOT do this if you yourself are not financially able to or are seeking to be acknowledged. Just discreetly contact the server of their table requesting their check. Don't do anything to draw attention to yourself. If you are lucky you'll get to see look upon their faces when they are told "someone paid your bill."

Believe me it is an AWESOME FEELING and if possible to share this while your children or grandchildren are with you, it is a lesson they are likely to not forget.

Later on when you receive your bank statement or credit card bill arrives you will feel that same sense of pride in your act generosity. 

As we all know "you can't take it with you" and the feelings of pride in your actions is immense, trust me I know from both giving as well as receiving. Having a complete stranger saying THANK YOU in either manner makes a person know what they do really does matter.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 27

Thank you to all veterans and military service men and women for their sacrifice for our freedom!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27

Thank you soooooo much for your service. It matters and so do you.❤Deb

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season