Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Connecting with Vets

Message 1 of 2

GOOD for you!

Antoine S. Madere
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Connecting with Vets

Message 2 of 2

I am a US Navy female Veteran, who is now lucky enough to be working in the veteran community. I work for CompeerCORPS in Monroe County in Upstate New York. We provide free programs/events/activities/services for veterans in our community. 

A little about myself; I am married to a Navy veteran, and we have 2 teenage boys. Our youngest is 16 and is currently on the path to join a service academy. We are so proud of his choice to serve our country. As a family we are very involved in our local veteran community. My husband is a VFW commander, and my son and I are in the VFW auxiliary, we are both active members of the American Legion and our sons are both Sons of the Legion. We attend as many local veteran events as we can, sharing camaraderie is so special to us.

I would love to make connections and communticate with vets from all over to share stories, and find out what activites work in your community.

Thank you for your service and I look forward to meeting you!

Tracy

Report Inappropriate Content
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors