If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Describe Your "Great Escape"

Message 11 of 16

I'm booked for a gorilla trekking in Uganda for November! First I will cruise down the Nile, then we will go thru the jungle looking for chimpanzees...and on our last day we will climb the mountains in Bwindi Park to find a family of gorillas! Once we find them we will have an hour to sit eith them and observe!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 16

I would go to Disney World with 2 of my grandchildren and play, eat and drink with them. I would want to relax in the pool with them in the afternoons and then hit the parks again. Take them out to a different restaurant or two daily to experience different cultures and food. At night, if I'm still awake and able, see the fireworks in all the parks. I would fly there and then use Disney transportation throughout my stay. Old Key West is my favorite resort.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 16
  • Where would you go? Markel Beach Florida 
  • How would you get there and get around while there? Road Trip!!!!! then walk about the Island.
  • Where would you stay? Marriott Vacation Club so I could meet some of the Associates I've been providing tech support to.
  • Who would you go with? I'd love to take my Daughters (2 of whom were at 1-Oct concert), and Sons-in-Law, but would solo if they're not available.
  • What would you do? Sit in the sun, swim in the ocean, sleep without an alarm to wake me.
  • What do you hope to get from it: Relaxation? Connecting with self, significant other, friends, family? Learning something new/a new skill or hobby? Fulfilling a life-long/bucket list goal? Something else? TOTAL relaxation; I've always worked to support my family or myself; would love quiet enjoyment. Especially with the anniversary of the most frightening event that personnaly touched me, I want to rest quietly...

Thank you,

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 16

Hi @angeleyes64, That sounds like a wonderful trip. And it sounds like you deserve it. I lived in Aviemore, Scotland (in the Highlands) for a winter years ago. It's a great country to relax in.

I hope you get to take that trip. I think it would be very satisfying and enjoyable for you.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 16
@VoyagerVicki
I would g to Scotland.
I would go by plane and most likely rent a car to get around.
I would rent a very nice Hotel Room.
I would go with my husband of 55 years.
I would travel around all the beautiful places I have heard about. My Mother always spoke of her birth place Dumbarton, and she grew up some in Glasgow after her Mother and Father died when she was a child. Because there were 7 children, ages 1 to 9 yrs, 6 were was put in an orphanage so at age 17 she immigrated to the USA.
I would hope to relax A LOT, as we have just about raised 2 Grand Children. One was a from our daughter being killed. I would definitely relax and try to find some peace and quiet, some of my normal self if that is possible. Maybe a lot more happiness in m my life.
I would try to see if I could find any of my cousins as I know my Aunts and Uncles are all deceased. Learn about different foods, the way they grew up, see the clothing they wear now, I saw a lot of the times of my Mother from her. Plus I go to Scottish Games where I live.
That would be for me my perfect getaway.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Describe Your "Great Escape"

Message 16 of 16

Imagine you could create the perfect getaway for yourself...

• Where would you go?
  • How would you get there and get around while there?
  • Where would you stay?
  • Who would you go with?
  • What would you do?
  • What do you hope to get from it: Relaxation? Connecting with self, significant other, friends, family? Learning something new/a new skill or hobby? Fulfilling a life-long/bucket list goal? Something else?

Share your ideal trip here.

Kudos
Views
Replies