Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families was developed by AARP to help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to obtain a free copy.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Traveling to Washington, DC for Inauguration

Message 11 of 19

Absolutely not!!  Staying away from any show of it as well.  No TV, internet, any way of supporting this coming dangerous administration.  But I will be marching in my own city the next day.  I don't know how anyone who is of retirement age would want to do anything differently.  This administration wants to wipe away most of the benefits that you have worked very hard for all of your life.  (I guess if you are a multi-millionare it might not matter to you.)

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 19

No I would not step out side of my front door, trump is not a persom with any concern for all of the people, has no morality, no heart, and no under standing of what is right or  justice for any one beside him self,: a sad human God help him: 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 19

@km6112969 wrote:

Yes, going to Washington. a wonderful opportunity to celebrate Trump/Pence win. Sure hope all crazies stay away and don't interfere with MY rights.

Know what?  I hope "they" stay away too.  Ain't agreement 'chikken soup for the soul', now ain't it?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 19

Yes, going to Washington. a wonderful opportunity to celebrate Trump/Pence win. Sure hope all crazies stay away and don't interfere with MY rights.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 19

I'm not going for the inauguration, but I will be there the next day for the Women's March on Washington. Hopefully it will send a message, to those who are holding our future and our kids future in their hands, but mainly I'm walking so that all know what side I'm on.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 19
I live close (Virginia) so frequently travel to DC. Great museums, including some new ones, good restaurants, and in nice weather you can't ask for a better destination. Going to celebrate Trump's inauguration? No, I really think I will have to pass on that one. Not my cuppa tea, thank you very much.!
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 19

Heck NO! Not for the Inauguration. We were one(s) of the "majority" that DIDN"T vote for Trump. I would go for any other reason, but not for the Inauguration, no way.

DC is a wonderful place, and have been there many times to walk and take in our countries heritage. But not this year. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 19

We've been to DC at least a dozen times, always staying a minimum of a week to 10 days. We're walkers, so some of what we do is for those who don't mind being on your feet for most of the day.

To keep from museum burnout, spend half a day walking, and the other half in museums of your choice (remember, museums are free, so you can go in and out as you like).

A great area to walk is Old Alexandria. Many houses, churches, other buildings from the 1700's, including many buildings where Washington, and other founding fathers, used to frequent. It's also along the river and there is a riverwalk. Nice art displays in the old Torpedo Factory.

Another walking area is Georgetown. Walk around Georgetown U campus, tour the Kennedy Center, and go to the nightly free concerts. The old Canal is there too and you can walk along that. There is a paved walking/bike trail along the Potomac.

Another walk is from DuPont Circle, walking NW down Massachusettes Ave through the Embassy Row, to the National Cathedral, and on to American U in Tenleytown.

There are nice walks and parks up in College Park, Maryland. 

Get a multi-day metro pass so you can get on/off the metro, anywhere, unlimited.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Traveling to Washington, DC for Inauguration

Message 19 of 19

Traveling to Washington, DC for Inauguration Day? For first-time travelers to the city (or return visitors!), check out Washington DC Monuments and Memorials not to miss.

Share your favorite things to see and do when traveling to the nation's capital. Join the discussion!

Kudos
Views
Replies