Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Travel Mishaps

Message 1 of 4

Two weeks ago I twisted my ankle while hiking on vacation in southern Africa (in Lesotho). I thought it was just a sprain, didn't really feel any pain, and could walk on it. I had it briefly examined at the medical clinic at the airport the next day, got cream and pills from the pharmacy, and continued with my vacation. A week later, it was worse and I went to the emergency room in Johannesburg, South Africa, to check it out. I was admitted and had to have surgery the next morning. Now, I'm rehabbing back home for the summer.

Lessons learned/tips: Make sure to always have good insurance when you travel for accidents/events you have no control over (luckily I did), and get injuries thoroughly checked out ASAP in case they're more serious than you think. Had I done that, I might have been able to avoid the surgery.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@MartinG987436

I know that's unfortunate, but I giggled at the vision I had of the playful pup running away with your jacket. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

A dog stole my jacket while I was setting up a "pup" tent, (pun intended) on a Washington coast one time.  I could tell he was having a ball while I was chasing him.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Travel Mishaps

Message 4 of 4

Have you had something go wrong on a trip--an accident, a missed flight, lost luggage, etc.? If so, what did you do? What tips do you have for avoiding/dealing with these issues?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark