Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Travel Apps

Message 11 of 15

@whannah

I'll have to check out Maps.me. I'm always needing a good map app wherever I am (and I don't always have a sufficient connection for Google Maps).

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

I live in NYC and use several apps. The NYC Transit app.and the green Transit app specific for NYC are both excellent. Using the GPS on my phone they not only advise when the next bus is due but track the route and show the current location of the bus. 

The MTA LIRR Train app is an excellent tool for planning trips to Long Island via the LI railroad. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

I always look at Tripadvisor when checking out an area anywhere in the world to travel.  What I particularly like are all of the user photos for a location.  These photos show you things that many hotel and attraction websites do not include.  Also you can take people's opinions with a grain of salt.  However their ratings system for best hotels, best locations, etc are a good starting point for a trip. I use it mostly for road trips.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15
I have been to nearly 50 countries and still traveling at 70. Favorite app...Maps.me. It does not require WiFi nor Data Roaming to use...anywhere in the world!
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Travel Apps

Message 15 of 15

What travel apps do you use? Any you can't do without? 

Here are several handy options from AARP: https://travel.aarp.org/articles-tips/articles/info-2017/travel-apps-for-road-trips.html

Any others you would recommend?

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark