Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Info Seeker

Re: Single Senior Travel

Message 61 of 71
Hello - I am a single/divorced 56 year old female (nurse).  I have wanted to do some traveling for a while, but in today's society, am fearful of going alone.  There are willing men, but they want something in return.  I am only looking for a traveling companion, and am able to pay for my own expenses.

Is anyone familiar with any "safe" websites?  Is there a spot within AARP forums that may offer some suggestions?

Thank you!
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 62 of 71

58yr F would like to go on Caribbean cruise during these dates:  February 18, 2013, to end of march, Port of Call:  San Juan.

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Single Senior Travel-Meet Some one that wants to Travel with you here on the AARP site>>>>>Go to

Message 63 of 71
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel-Meet Some one that wants to Travel with you here on the AARP site>>>>>Go to:
/>WHERE~ARE~YOU~FROM?< This is a great Forum to find a local travel buddy or make new friends in your area. Come on board.  You'll like the people you'll meet. I'll look forward to meeting you their. MrSanDiego_AL
Posted by MrSanDiego

I have not been on the forum for over a year because I found it too hard to get on.  I think I tried to get on yours and could not figure it out.  Tell me how to get back on the original forum and also yours and any other ones you think I might be interested in.  I just posted in Senior Single Travel although I am not a single, just travel like one because my husband won't travel overseas and he is still working.  Thanks, sueirvine@aol.com
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 64 of 71
I have not posted in a while.  I started a travel group strictly to meet companions to travel with.  I have about 40 members now and we have had several people get together and travel together.  We don't plan trips, just a safe way to meet other  travelers, single or married that travel without pardners.  We meet the 1st 2 months of each quarter at the Highland Park Cafeteria in Garland, Texas (Suburb of Dallas) at 12 noon.  We meet the 2nd Saturday of those months.  See information @ www.honeysucklerose.info, travel page.  Although I have a lot of members, it seems like it is still hard for me to find someone to go with me that likes to do the same things.  I would love to go to Boston, maybe fly up there, do tours for 3-4 days, rent a car and drive back to Texas all down the coast, stopping at seafood restaurants, junk stores, flea markets,unique areas, taking maybe 4-6 days to drive back.  Thinking about April, around the 15th. I have 2 people that want to go, one wants to fly up there and back, 2nd one does not want to do all day tours.  I don't think either one of them would like to stop where I want to, any interest, please let  me know. 

I also want to go to Italy in the fall, maybe September, thinking about a tour to the major areas and then renting a car and go from the bottom to the top of Italy taking about 10 days. Love to eat, see quaint villages, meet local people, more interested in stuff off the beaten path than all the tourist things, like to visit flea markets, even grocery stores to see what they have locally.   My problem, I have plantor facistis in one foot that comes and goes, right now it is coming and I did some nerve damage to my R foot  a few months ago so I may need a wheelchair for times where there is a lot of walking, like in Rome and Venice.  I am not incapicated, actually walk pretty fast but when this comes on me, then I can't be on my feet a lot one day because then I will be down the next.  May not happen, am going to foot Dr. now, he is doing some investigation to see what he can do but it could be possible I would need a wheelchair if there is a lot of walking to do.  He said don't walk for more than a mile. So.........if someone went with me, I would need someone to possibly wheel me.  Possibility that my adult grandson would go and preform those duties.   Note:  I just got back from NY and Chicago in November, lots of walking and I managed it but like I said, I never know.  I am very fit otherwise, did 7 weeks on my own with 2 other ladies in Asia in Mar, April 2012 and I drove in Thailand and Indonesia so am quite adverturesome.  If this sounds like something you would be interesested in, please email me.  sueirvine@aol.com  
Info Seeker

Message 65 of 71
Is the website still active?   I was unable to pull it up
Info Seeker

Message 66 of 71

I am too, looking for a senior's group to travel with  i am in Memphis Tn.  

Retired Moderator

Message 67 of 71
You can travel single and still avoid the extra charges.It does take an adventurous spirit, and a little bravery, but, you have that!
Or , you can go and meet some great people on board!
         There is a good article here:

http://www.aarp.org/travel/cruises/info-04-2011/greenberg-video-cruises-singles.html
How brave are you?
Info Seeker

Message 68 of 71
You should try Elder Hostel....it is now called Road Scholar.  I have done two by myself.  A few women on these trips met each other on one of the trips and continued to travel together.
Silver Conversationalist

Message 69 of 71
Hi, I have tried from time to time to start forums for single senior travelers to get to know one another. Many people said thay wanted that. I went and found forum space and built a place for members to come in and post and get to know one another. To no avail. I was in there every day and not many ever posted. So it defeated the purpose when no one shows up.
I have another cruise related forum. We have been together for many years now and most us have  met one another. We are all good friends. Most are not single but I am. I enjoy going to that forum every day to socialize with them. We have met from time to time for dinners around Florida. Lots of fun and a great group of people there. You would be welcome there.  Message me for info.

OceanGoingGal
Info Seeker

Single Senior Travel

Message 70 of 71
Widowed senior wants to travel but not sure how to find a group of seniors in the Las Vegas, NV are to travel with. 

NOT looking for a seniors mating service -- just others to travel with!