Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Single Senior Travel

Message 51 of 71
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel:
Hi, I have tried from time to time to start forums for single senior travelers to get to know one another. Many people said thay wanted that. I went and found forum space and built a place for members to come in and post and get to know one another. To no avail. I was in there every day and not many ever posted. So it defeated the purpose when no one shows up. I have another cruise related forum. We have been together for many years now and most us have  met one another. We are all good friends. Most are not single but I am. I enjoy going to that forum every day to socialize with them. We have met from time to time for dinners around Florida. Lots of fun and a great group of people there. You would be welcome there.  Message me for info. OceanGoingGal
Posted by OceanGoingGal

Have an undying love of cruising but have used up all possible roommates, and handling flying, hotels, transfers, etc alone is getting hard. Would love to do Canada/New England, preferably for 14 days,Holland has a nice one this fall but I have never used them, I;m a RCCL/Celebrity fan.  Just off a Southern Charm tour with Collette and headed to Alaska in Aug with RCCL.  Anyone interested in sharing a cabin-let me know. I'm 80, female,widowed.
Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 52 of 71
would love a Celebrity cruise to Canada -New England this fall, but not alone! Need a roommate. Holland Line has a nice 2 week itinerary but have never used them, prefer Celebrity or Royal Carib. Living in AZ, it's a long haul to the East Coast for me, would love a travel mate.  I'm obviously female, widowed, 80 years old.
Conversationalist

Message 53 of 71
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel:Betsy, you sound like a very interesting person with a wealth of information.  I'm having lots of trouble navigating on this aarp site so please feel free to contact me carlibailey@yahoo.com

I am interested in finding another woman to share expenses on trips to specific places, such as the Trans Siberian or Mongolian train, southern Volga cruises, Rumania and Bulgaria. Would this interest you? I have traveled a lot, and these are the places I most want to go now. Would any of these interest you? Thanks.
Posted by betsyfranklin

This is my third attempt to contact you so, if you don't mind, please conact me on my email:  carlibailey@yahoo.com

I'm looking forward to chatting with you.  I'm interested in many places, I'm a painter and enjoy plein air, on site painting while traveling. I also love most any kind of museum.  I have fibromyalgia and can't climb mountains or go on kayak trips in Antarctica, nothing like that, but I still love adventure.

carli

Conversationalist

Message 54 of 71
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel: Live in Minnesota and seeking F travel partners.  I'm a painter and 'foodie' and like to go off the beaten path, I do have fibromyalgia and don't engage in real strenuous activites like mountain climbing or kayaking in the wilderness, but I do have a real passion for other cultures and meeting new people.  email me at carlibailey@yahoo.com to chat more.  Hope to hear

In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel : Dear Tommie24, Yes, there is a group called Single Travelers , in our Community.Happy Trails to you!
Posted by BettyCM

Conversationalist

Message 55 of 71
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel:  Hi, I'm having a difficult time maneuvering this website, please contact me on facebook or carlibailey@yahoo.com  Looking forward to visiting with you.
Hi, I have tried from time to time to start forums for single senior travelers to get to know one another. Many people said thay wanted that. I went and found forum space and built a place for members to come in and post and get to know one another. To no avail. I was in there every day and not many ever posted. So it defeated the purpose when no one shows up. I have another cruise related forum. We have been together for many years now and most us have  met one another. We are all good friends. Most are not single but I am. I enjoy going to that forum every day to socialize with them. We have met from time to time for dinners around Florida. Lots of fun and a great group of people there. You would be welcome there.  Message me for info. OceanGoingGal
Posted by OceanGoingGal

Conversationalist

Message 56 of 71
Posted by OceanGoingGal

Hi my name is carli, live in Minnesota, single and travel in the winter to escap the frozen tundra Please email me at carlibailey@yahoo.com because I can't, for the life of me, figure out this website.
Info Seeker

Message 57 of 71
I am interested in finding another woman to share expenses on trips to specific places, such as the Trans Siberian or Mongolian train, southern Volga cruises, Rumania and Bulgaria. Would this interest you? I have traveled a lot, and these are the places I most want to go now. Would any of these interest you? Thanks.
Info Seeker

Message 58 of 71
II am interested in meeting other women to share expenses on relatively exotic trips such as the Trans Siberian or Trans Mongolian train, Volga cruises, Rumania or Bulgaria. Does this interest you? I have traveled a lot.n Response to Re: Single Senior Travel:
Posted by OceanGoingGal

Info Seeker

Message 59 of 71
Senior lady looking for travel group or other seniors to join for travel from Dallas Tx or Tyler Tx areas.  NOT looking for dating service!
Retired Moderator

Message 60 of 71
Hello - I am a single/divorced 56 year old female (nurse).  I have wanted to do some traveling for a while, but in today's society, am fearful of going alone.  There are willing men, but they want something in return.  I am only looking for a traveling companion, and am able to pay for my own expenses. Is anyone familiar with any "safe" websites?  Is there a spot within AARP forums that may offer some suggestions? Thank you!
Posted by Tommie24

Dear Tommie24,
Yes, there is a group called Single Travelers, in our Community.Happy Trails to you!