Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Info Seeker

Re: Single Senior Travel

Message 41 of 71
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel:
In Response to Re: Single Senior Travel : I tried Road Scholar for a 18 day trip to Great Britain and was extremely disappointed in the lodging.  As a single, I paid the single supplement and was relegated to horrible rooms that were little more than a closet.  Will never again travel with them.  I've done several trips on my own as a single traveler and have not had any problems.
Posted by smithtexas

Re your comment about Road Scholar: Try Grand Circle Travel. They're associated (or approved by) AARP. Their land trips have no single supplement. Even their river cruises try to accommodate singles with same-sex roommates to avoid the single supplement. I have heard nothing but positive reviews about them, and plan to use them myself.
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 42 of 71
Is this forum active at all? I am looking for travelig partners. Not a widow, just married to a guy who isn't interested in the same things as I am. I hate paying the extra as a single traveller.
Posted by Vinnygret

I'm interested, but only in international travel. Wish to save bucks on the "double occupancy" penalty. Not averse to independent travel. Recently lost my dear wife, and interested only in travel and learning about the places I go.
Info Seeker

Message 43 of 71
Anybody interested in international travel? I can travel in the States alone, but overseas it helps to have a buddy. I am not interested in dating, just travel and learning.
Info Seeker

Message 44 of 71
You should try Elder Hostel....it is now called Road Scholar.  I have done two by myself.  A few women on these trips met each other on one of the trips and continued to travel together.
Posted by sleak13

That's a great organization. I find it, however, a bit pricey in lieu of accomodations and perks that I can eschew. I'd like to meet a fellow traveler who has their own ideas about where to go and what to do.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 45 of 71
Is this forum active at all? I am looking for travelig partners. Not a widow, just married to a guy who isn't interested in the same things as I am. I hate paying the extra as a single traveller.
Posted by Vinnygret

Hi, I too am looking for traveling partners.  Pattttttie@aol.com.  I'm not sure if your reply will reach me automatically so just address your message to my email.  Thanks.  Pat , Chicago
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 46 of 71
Will you be my travel buddy?  I'm a recently retired speech pathologist. My bucket list includes Indochina (SE Asia), India and the Baltic nations but what do you suggest? I'd also enjoy driving within the US and snowbirding in a warmer state for the winter.  I like cruising.  I've traveled DIY solo.  I've gone on guided tours.  I'm comfy in hostels and 5 star hotels.  I live in Chicago but want buddies from everywhere.  Are you ready to go??? Let's "talk".
Info Seeker

Message 47 of 71
Posted by Vinnygret

Hello.  I have the same situation.  Where are you located?Embarassed
Info Seeker

Message 48 of 71
In Response to Single Senior Travel:
Widowed senior wants to travel but not sure how to find a group of seniors in the Las Vegas, NV are to travel with.  NOT looking for a seniors mating service -- just others to travel with!
Posted by evamorrell

Hello.  When are you looking to go and where are you located.  Thank you.
Info Seeker

Message 49 of 71
Community Manager

Message 50 of 71
Have you joined the Single and Mingle Group?  or the Singles Perspective Revisted group?  There are a lot of single users there discussions topics about travel, dating and much more.
AARPTeri