Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Share a funny travel story

Message 1 of 8

I was probably 11 or 12 years old and on vacation with my dad and two older brothers. We had gone to visit dad's two sisters in Lansing, Michigan. Whe we left we decided to go see the boats lock through onthe Canadian Border. We decided to see the city in Canada and came back through the upper peninsula of Michigan and down through Wisconsin. Needless to say we were lost. We made our way to Green Bay, Wisconsin and pulled over to the side of the road to check the map. While stopped a car pulled up in backed of us asking for directions to the YMCA. Having Illinois plates on the pick up truck we had no idea where it was and started looking around. After looking for a couple of minutes we noticed we were right in front of the YMCA.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

In my Thailand hotel bathroom, there were two rolls of toilet paper hanging side by side on the wall.  One roll had a sign above it saying "Soft" and the other had a sign saying "Very Soft" but I couldn't tell the difference!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

A few years ago, my sister and I, both retired, completed a cruise in England, and had a bus drive us into Londin, where we planned to stay for several days before flying back home.  The bus had a slow start, and I drank a bottle of water while we waited to start our trip. Then it seemed to take forever to arrive in London. I regretted drinking all that water!  When we arrived, I left my sister, who is disabled, sitting on some luggage while I scouted a public bathroom. I found one - a pay toilet - and I had no British coins!  I turned to the woman behind me in line and asked her to pay for me - which she kindly did!  That's how I ended up begging for money in England!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

In the early '70's my husband, Michael, and I turned an old Chevy step-van into a camper with stove, refrigerator, shower, bed, table, etc. We called it our "hippie van". We traveled around the US and Canada for almost two years. We were at Grand Teton Nat'l Park and Michael decided he was going to hike up one of the mountains at least part of the way, while I stayed at the campground and read. He wore shorts, t-shirt and hiking boots. After a while it started to snow on him and he decided to run back to camp. On his way down he jumped up on a rock, and then what he thought was a smaller rock covered in snow. The "rock" turned out to be a moose! Michael ran one way and the poor, surprised moose ran in the other direction.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

That's hilarious.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Not looking for love

Message 6 of 8

While walking the business area of Cancun, Mexico with a female friend 20 years ago, a young man about 3 inches shorter than my friend came up and walked along side her continuing to say something I couldn't make out. I saw her shooing him away and saying , "No," very emphatically!  After he left  I asked her what was he saying? He'd asked her, "You want boyfriend. You want boyfriend?"  We laughed about it later after we got back to the ship.  I teased later, that I was offended because he didn't ask me. We still laugh about it to this day.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

The last three days of my tour to Egypt was on a small boat on the Nile. 

My room looked out to the river so I had the drapes wide open to enjoy the view. 

The last night we had a party so when I got back from our day I went in to take a shower. 

I dried off in the room a laid on the bed naked. I looked out the large window and there were people out there nearby. 

Unbeknownst to me they had had turned the boat around and my room looked out to the deck. 

I tried to figure out how to close the drapes without giving everyone a show but couldn’t without giving them a bigger show. 

I just waited till the closer group went away and quickly ran up and closed the drapes. 

It did give me a great story to share for months. 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Share a funny travel story

Message 8 of 8

Do you have a humorous travel story? Did something funny happen on a past trip? Share your story here and brighten our day!

Kudos
Views
Replies