Community Manager
Community Manager

How to Avoid TSA Delays with These Travel Tips

Navigating the TSA during a busy travel season can have its challenges. In a recent article, AARP tells us how to Avoid Airport Delays With These TSA Travel Tips.

Do you know what's allowed through security for a speedy screening? Tell us how you prepare to minimize having TSA delays?

0 Kudos
Contributor

TSA Pre Check is a Must Have item. Global Entry is Terrific for International Travel. The fee for global entry Includes TSA Pre Check. Many Credit Cards include a $100 credit for global entry / TSA Pre Check fee.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have artificial knees. Have your implant card ready so they don't have to screen you separately with the wand.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

When I traveled for work I would put my steel toed work boots in a back pack, tennis shoes for the TSA line. A freind went with a plastic belt buckle. I spent 10 minutes at the check once for a tweezers in my wallet, it had been stuck in the sewed up leather, I thought I had lost it, I used it for steel slivers.

Periodic Contributor

When you start packing, make sure you place the following items in your checked luggage:

• Anything with a blade, including all knives, cigar cutters and corkscrews with blades
  • Sporting goods, including golf clubs, baseball bats, cricket bats, bows and arrows, hockey sticks and spear guns
  • Full-size bottles of sunscreen, tanning lotions and insect repellant
  • Wine, liquor, beer, and other beverages in containers larger than 3.4 ounces