Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you travel responsibly?

Message 1 of 5

I carry my refillable water bottle with me. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

I refuse to fly on airlines and eat at restaurants that use plastic drinking straws!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

I stay in the right lane. In other words, I take my time and use less gas.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Last week, I rented a Tesla and drove to visit Arches National Park. I followed that with a day trip to Wendover, Nevada, at the end of the week.

I rented the Tesla less for ecological reasons and more for the fun of driving a car that zooms from the get-go. It's all electric, so I theoretically added 0 emissions on my 795-mile drive.

Along with that, I packed a grabber and some plastic grocery bags, as I thought I might find some trash along the trail to Delicate Arch. I was right. I filled a bag on my hikes up to Delicate Arch and into Devil's Garden.

My main claim to traveling responsibly is just that I make sure all my trash goes into a proper receptacle along with keeping unused paper napkins and unsoiled plastic bags that are suitable for reuse.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you travel responsibly?

Message 5 of 5

Do you think about the environment when you travel? Do you offset carbon emissions on flights? Recycle and clean up trash in outdoor settings? Refuse to ride elephants, pet tigers, go to animal shows? Avoid over-touristed destinations? Or some other thing to travel sustainably and take care of the planet and animals?

How eco-conscious are you in your travel? How important is this to you? What tips do you have for others of things to be aware of and do to sustain the environment?

Kudos
Views
Replies